What should I do when my spawnpoint sucks?

Carlton Banks

Hello everyone, I have a question, most of the times my spawnpoint doens't have any weapon/way of fighting zeds, what should I do? I had to create 4 new characters just to have a pan(finally) at my spawnpoint. So what should I do? Create a new character os just suck it up and shove zombies until I find a weapon?

Thats like asking what you should eat for lunch or something like that.

If you want to learn how to deal with zombies without a weapon in the start than keep it. You might die a lot of times in the start but in time you should learn how to do it better. 

If you are not interested in that and want an easier star then restart.

If you wanted to learn how to deal with early zombies well shove zombies that you need to or lead them away from houses and than turn back to loot it before anyone comes back. That is one of the tactics. But asking what should you do is something that is up to you. If you want people to tell you what to do I sure hope you never get an email from a nigerian prince.

Really scrounge around your starting area - it is extremely unlikely to have nothing, you must have really bad RNG to have nothing at all for 4 straight spawns. Check every container. Even a pencil is better than nothing. Generally, if it can be equipped and held in your hands, get into the mindset that you can use it to help you survive until you can find something more effective.

Butter knives (and as a last resort, other silverware) are effective enough to protect you in a pinch as a new character.

I would always recommend keep playing until your character dies. The first few hours in a character's life are when you have to take the most risks so you learn a lot I think. Plus, its always more rewarding when you do finally catch a break and the Zomboid Gods look down favourably. If there are no weapons around then you need to use your surroundings to your advantage. Try and use line of sight to evade instead of kill zombies. Unless you have your heart set on living in your starter house, this can be used to lure zombies in or seperate them whilst you push and stomp. I pretty much live as a nomad until I find a bag that can go on my back and like being an inconspicuous Burglar so I can pop in and out of windows like nobody's business.

I usually play on "extremly rare" loot spawn so every time i start i usually have an apple ( if i'm lucky). Learn the town you are in. Zombies spawn with a bit of delay even without weapon you can do a lot on first day. You have to be quick but there is more lokely you woll need with 1 or 2 zpmbies which you can push away rather than horde. Stay in town until heli and when you hear it - go to different town.

Go to Sandbox, you can find the base settings of each mode in there. There is one category where you will find a checkbox called "Starter Kit", this gives you a backpack that has a baseball bat and hammer inside, both heavily damaged. Going Sandbox does not restrict you from accessing any content in the game.

This way you can play the EXACT same game you have been playing, but you start with a damaged weapon and a damaged tool. I personally think this is a better start anyways, since if there are THIS many zombies around, your dude would have at least a weapon, water bottle and some chips.

Also Sandbox to tailor the game to how you want it too. I have had WAY more fun tweaking with Sandbox than on normal modes because (like the mode advertises) I can change the settings to die in any way I want. I love how well-supported it is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, Damien Darkside said:

Go to Sandbox, you can find the base settings of each mode in there. There is one category where you will find a checkbox called "Starter Kit", this gives you a backpack that has a baseball bat and hammer inside, both heavily damaged. Going Sandbox does not restrict you from accessing any content in the game.

This way you can play the EXACT same game you have been playing, but you start with a damaged weapon and a damaged tool. I personally think this is a better start anyways, since if there are THIS many zombies around, your dude would have at least a weapon, water bottle and some chips.

Also Sandbox to tailor the game to how you want it too. I have had WAY more fun tweaking with Sandbox than on normal modes because (like the mode advertises) I can change the settings to die in any way I want. I love how well-supported it is.

That is what i do. I use sandbox pretty much only, and i have a mod that makes it so you start with items relevant to your occupation. So if your a construction worker you will start with a hammer or if you are a security guard you will start with a baton and a flashlight. I know there are people that like to start with no items and lots of zombies but i have fun playing this way.

• 4 weeks later...

I usually use right click and space bar to shove them down and then stomp on them.

If you learn how to time your movements and learn how to maintain proper spacing, you can take out 3 or 4 bare handed just by shoving them and stomping on them.

It will take some time, as sometimes you may get 2 or 3 stomps in and have to back up due to incoming zombies, however, those 2 to 3 stomps are not fruitless.

Every stomp counts.

However, I also play extremely aggressive.

Archived