This is what the average 41.38 experience is like

Koester

For reports like this, please make sure to grab the console.txt as that would be helpful in trying to investigate the issue. 
Otherwise, there's nothing we can really do with these as we haven't pushed anything that would knowingly affect this, neither in making it happen nor anything that would remedy the issue.

48 minutes ago, nasKo said:

For reports like this, please make sure to grab the console.txt as that would be helpful in trying to investigate the issue. 
Otherwise, there's nothing we can really do with these as we haven't pushed anything that would knowingly affect this, neither in making it happen nor anything that would remedy the issue.

This, by the way, is what I meant when I said rather useless to tell me other people have problems because there's no way to get information from those people that might lead to a diagnosis. It's better for them to report their issues directly to us so that we may sort it.

I understand it feels like a serious issue if everyone you know is experiencing it and you therefore feel you need to "push" us into doing something about it by being confrontational or unpleasant about it, but the fact is that we've only had a handful of  reports of a stutter or crash  since releasing the build across Steam, Discord, and Reddit. Having it come through you, and only you, just makes it 1 more, instead of however many in that community are affected. It also means that in order to get any additional info we either have to go through you or simply can't do so,.

For example: 

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/658517794

This, while incomplete, at least demonstrates a problem. Had you just told me you, personally (not your twitch audience) were dealing with stuttering instead of an “increase” in cpu usage but otherwise nothing else, then we could have started working this out days ago.

We need your logs.

Were you playing with insane zombies previously? Does it still stutter on normal now?

What mods are you using? Try disabling the spawn point mod of it’s the only one on (maybe it has a loop running unintentionally, as another spawn point mod did some years ago) and see if that causes it. Restart Pz fully after disabling any mods.

Your load times also seem a bit high. Is it a mechanical drive that the game is installed on? Have you checked it’s health and defraged it recently?

And finally, because you overclocked your cpu, check it’s voltages while playing. If there’s a problem with the psu or the quality of the power source, it’ll show up as instability in applications.

But note for the future: I’m not following your twitch and I’m not a member of your audience, so don’t expect me to know what’s going on implicitly when you try to bring our attention to something that affects them or think that just because it affects you or your followers that it affects most others ... Describe your problems fully when reporting them. Don’t be vague and don’t give attitude instead of info. Then we can all get through this with little friction.

5 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

This, by the way, is what I meant when I said rather useless to tell me other people have problems because there's no way to get information from those people that might lead to a diagnosis. It's better for them to report their issues directly to us so that we may sort it.

I understand it feels like a serious issue if everyone you know is experiencing it and you therefore feel you need to "push" us into doing something about it by being confrontational or unpleasant about it, but the fact is that we've only had a handful of  reports of a stutter or crash  since releasing the build across Steam, Discord, and Reddit. Having it come through you, and only you, just makes it 1 more, instead of however many in that community are affected. It also means that in order to get any additional info we either have to go through you or simply can't do so,.

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

For example: 

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/658517794

This, while incomplete, at least demonstrates a problem. Had you just told me you, personally (not your twitch audience) were dealing with stuttering instead of an “increase” in cpu usage but otherwise nothing else, then we could have started working this out days ago.

We need your logs.

Were you playing with insane zombies previously? Does it still stutter on normal now?

What mods are you using? Try disabling the spawn point mod of it’s the only one on (maybe it has a loop running unintentionally, as another spawn point mod did some years ago) and see if that causes it. Restart Pz fully after disabling any mods.

Your load times also seem a bit high. Is it a mechanical drive that the game is installed on? Have you checked it’s health and defraged it recently?

And finally, because you overclocked your cpu, check it’s voltages while playing. If there’s a problem with the psu or the quality of the power source, it’ll show up as instability in applications.

But note for the future: I’m not following your twitch and I’m not a member of your audience, so don’t expect me to know what’s going on implicitly when you try to bring our attention to something that affects them or think that just because it affects you or your followers that it affects most others ... Describe your problems fully when reporting them. Don’t be vague and don’t give attitude instead of info. Then we can all get through this with little friction.

The thing is, most players don't want to take time to report this kinda stuff. They'll just play another game. I don't aim to be unpleasant, I just dont care to please you. I say things how they are, that's it. Rest is my personality. There's all kinds in this world. You got some of that action going for yourself Enigma. And I'd say a lot of it is just disappointment. I went from supporting you guys to highly disliking how you handle things. The more I pay attention to what you do, the more bitter I become. I just care a lot about the game. A lot more than the others who can just blow it off as unimportant and not give a shit. 

I didnt change anything to my settings. I tried with insane zombies, regular apocalypse, builder mode, middle of nowhere, middle of a city. No difference. It's not my hardware because I'd be the only one to have any sort of problems, which is not the case. It's not mods because I have none.

Every fucking time I report a bug with a description of what it is or a clip of it, I am met with resistance. Like I would take time out of my day to report something that isn't abnormal. Like I never played this game and I have no idea how things happen. I'm just a noob who doesn't know what he's talking about. Like that clip of the sprinters on reddit, right? I just can't get a "Oh, that's odd. How did that happen? We'll look into it." No instead it's "No man, that's you. You didn't aim properly. That's totally normal. That's all you, you must have something that caused it." See what I mean? 

I even left that pre-iwbums channel because it's basically slavery. You want me to do testing for you but you won't let me pitch in on where the game needs to go and I'm supposed to do all that for free lol. And not express any displeasure at how things are. Fuck all that lol. Toxic? Built up disappointment. Nothing personal. Well maybe you Enigma, but the other guys are cool. Even NasKo. 

Edit : Also I have united every single main PZ streamer on Twitch and some youtubers joined us on the action. Every single one of us is incapable of playing at the moment. We had to postpone our competition because none of us can have 5 seconds of gameplay without stutters. Our game settings are an enhanced 6 months later. You can go check out the pz scene right now. Ain't nobody playing it right now. 7 viewers lol. 

I agree that just telling there is a problem isn't everything but that doesn't prevent private investigation. I dont want to send my logs.

Edited by Koester

6 hours ago, nasKo said:

Thank you for being so professional NasKo.  I don't want to share my logs. 

Edited by Koester

The problem is, outside of snippets of clear issues, you’re not helping; you’re actively frustrating it by reporting a problem then demanding we do the impossible, without any way to diagnose an issue that is apparently limited to a silent group of twitch streamers.

Those twitch users will instead have to find their own voice rather than rely on yours. They need someone that doesn’t pout and stew over being told they may have made a mistake or repeatedly tell others to “do your job! I’m a twitch streamer!” when meant with confusion and/or requests for more info.

That thinking you’re a slave because you’re asked for details in a volunteer test group (a test group that’d be seen as a reward and a privilege by anyone else)  — details that would waste less of our time (yours and mine) than this entitled bickering — is ridiculous. That need to be appreciated in all things and to be in control on a project that isn’t yours is the source of your bitterness.

5 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

The problem is, outside of snippets of clear issues, you’re not helping; you’re actively frustrating it by reporting a problem then demanding we do the impossible, without any way to diagnose an issue that is apparently limited to a silent group of twitch streamers.

Those twitch users will instead have to find their own voice rather than rely on yours. They need someone that doesn’t pout and stew over being told they may have made a mistake or repeatedly tell others to “do your job! I’m a twitch streamer!” when meant with confusion and/or requests for more info.

That thinking you’re a slave because you’re asked for details in a volunteer test group (a test group that’d be seen as a reward and a privilege by anyone else)  — details that would waste less of our time (yours and mine) than this entitled bickering — is ridiculous. That need to be appreciated in all things and to be in control on a project that isn’t yours is the source of your bitterness.

I noticed that the pz client doesn't show the command log anymore. Is that part of the recent changes? I tried to load up all different game modes, with or without vehicules. With or without mods. Some settings turned off, some not. Seems that the lag is directly related to zombies, regardless of how many. My kingsmouth playthrough was not very affected by the lag, but it could be because I pretty much exterminated zombie on the map. Maybe you folks changed something in that is directly related to how it's been performing. Maybe the changes to furniture could be related, too. 

Console prompt hasn't been active when launching through Steam or the .exe since October last year, largely since 41 released. 

The content of it gets logged to the console.txt in C:\Users\YourUsername\Zomboid.

Without the log, we're treasure hunting without a map, so we'll have to wait for others to come forward with logs in order to investigate the performance issues.

8 minutes ago, nasKo said:

Console prompt hasn't been active when launching through Steam or the .exe since October last year, largely since 41 released. 

The content of it gets logged to the console.txt in C:\Users\YourUsername\Zomboid.

Without the log, we're treasure hunting without a map, so we'll have to wait for others to come forward with logs in order to investigate the performance issues.

Thank you very much! I just wanted to ask, because in the settings I found a button to open the console, but it did not work.

Now, if necessary, my bug reports (And others, I hope, too) will be more informative for you. Thank you again!

Every fucking time I report a bug with a description of what it is or a clip of it, I am met with resistance. Like I would take time out of my day to report something that isn't abnormal. Like I never played this game and I have no idea how things happen. I'm just a noob who doesn't know what he's talking about. Like that clip of the sprinters on reddit, right? I just can't get a "Oh, that's odd. How did that happen? We'll look into it." No instead it's "No man, that's you. You didn't aim properly. That's totally normal. That's all you, you must have something that caused it." See what I mean? 

I even left that pre-iwbums channel because it's basically slavery. You want me to do testing for you but you won't let me pitch in on where the game needs to go and I'm supposed to do all that for free lol. And not express any displeasure at how things are. Fuck all that lol. Toxic? Built up disappointment. Nothing personal. Well maybe you Enigma, but the other guys are cool. Even NasKo. 

To address this, somehow other streamers and content creators are able to voice suggestions, displeasure, and frustration without the attitude. You very well know you come off like an asshole a lot of times, but somehow seem to pride yourself with this trait that's not endearing at all and it's the lack of any basic empathy that makes you frustrating to deal with. We get along somehow, but that doesn't mean you're a shining example of feedback providers. 

In the pre-iwbums group I don't have the patience to sift through Youtube-level comments. I don't want to have to go through your spite only for that golden little nugget of feedback, because that's not being helpful and I cannot be expected to constantly ignore it, no matter how often you say it's not personal. Bickering about someone's creative work and then demanding they don't take it personal is not how it works.

I understand you love the game and all but you can't tell me you're oblivious to how frustrating you can be or how frustrating it can be to read spite when someone tries to provide feedback on something and doesn't realize the spite is not only unnecessary but also counter-productive to the common goal.

Calling a pre-iwbums channel slavery when you're literally not expected to do anything except not being an asshole is also rich. 

Lets take people like PBL or Drunk who are the starkest contrasts to you I can think of. They're somehow a pleasure to talk to when they're providing feedback and even when they're frustrated about something they have a way of not being assholes about it.

I don't know how they do it. I don't know how they are able to converse with us about issues without being stubborn to think it absolutely cannot be something on their end. How they are able to have civil discourse while still being helpful beats me. Perplexing, how they're able to pitch in on where they think the game needs to go without attitude or quips on how we've let someone add something trivial after being glued to the same monotonous thing for three weeks as a way to distract themselves. It's also a mystery how they don't take personal offense when we're trying to explain things to them or how they found a way not to act like queens when we're wrong about something or have simply misunderstood what they meant from their report. Someone should get to the bottom of this.

22 hours ago, Koester said:

the other guys are cool. Even NasKo.

21 hours ago, Koester said:

Thank you for being so professional NasKo.

13 hours ago, nasKo said:

you come off like an asshole

anything except not being an asshole is also rich. 

not being assholes about it.

Amen... just because he's the 3rd most watched Zomboid streamer or whatever is no excuse for reporting a bug with that kind of fervor...  Its fantastic that you guys stand by your conviction and not get punked out...  I love the part where he looked hopefully at Nasko, and got a triple A-Bomb instead... OUTSTANDING. I'd expect that from the big EG... but he didn't see that one coming from Nasko... I guarantee it...

Amazing team work... you guys are animals...

This all reminds me of that scene from the OTHER GUYS... (bad cop bad cop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoyonEm_BDQ

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/659492899

An oddly loose relationship with the truth for someone that tells it like it is. I never said you should have felt honoured to be part of the test group, just as no one suggested you should "slave" 'away testing the build before it's released, or that the issues you experienced were the fault of your i9 and thus necessitated a CPU upgrade to smooth out. No one has called you a hater, or demonized you, or "attacked" you beyond explaining why "this" hasn't been going well for anyone involved in this chat. Though I admit I can see why having a bunch of unpleasant text at you can feel like an attack, I can only hope it provides a spark of empathy for how it feels on our end to be criticized over trivialities like ... failing to put functional glasses in the game months ago ...

No one here was asking you to work for us, to provide advertising for us, to educate our users -- something you objectively can't do in any noticeable capacity  with an average of 35 viewers, anyway. Yet, you seem to think you deserve a credit, an in-game item, even possibly paid and direct influence on the direction of the game for ... A few posts on the forum; a few hours streamed each week. It's a sad fact in life that rarely does anyone get "credit" for something others never asked them to do, but that acknowledgement is even far less likely when you peace out at the first step (the test group) and get snippy with the people you'd have to work with, should the rare thing happen and you actually get a job offer for testing a game (they're far rarer than you think; and even rarer still in the day and age when an ever-growing audience will do it for free or themselves pay for it). And by all means, don't think I'm attacking you for these beliefs -- I'm no believer in common sense after 9 years of this -- we all learn these lessons in our own time, in our own way.  We all learn, eventually, that it's not just about "me;" that relationships are symbiotic things: we make a game, you buy a game, you enjoy that game, you talk about and share that game, and it results in that game gaining popularity and we sell more copies; but you still get something out of it -- you get the game, you get the enjoyment from playing it; from your friends playing it. You even get viewership because you can make something entertaining with it. There's little point pretending it's all take and no give.

For anyone else experiencing slowdowns in the build, try turning off the FPS cap and disabling vsync. It might help, but it's a shot in the dark, so I can't claim it's the solution.  I would like to hear from others on it, if possible.  I really have no answers for it; watching other twitch users today, it seemed like their experiences were generally fine aside from some stuttering when seeing zombies for the first time; usually it seemed to smooth out after the first encounter or only happen sporadically later in their play through; it did not seem to match the stuttering in your stream, Koet. There's just very little to go on. 

31 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

can't do in any noticeable capacity  with an average of 35 viewers, anyway.

LOL...  35....  well, that's the last you'll be seeing of this "streamer"...  I can't believe he thought he was promoting this game he seemed to enjoy so much...  More software companies should put people in their place like this...

4 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/659492899

An oddly loose relationship with the truth for someone that tells it like it is. I never said you should have felt honoured to be part of the test group, just as no one suggested you should "slave" 'away testing the build before it's released, or that the issues you experienced were the fault of your i9 and thus necessitated a CPU upgrade to smooth out. No one has called you a hater, or demonized you, or "attacked" you beyond explaining why "this" hasn't been going well for anyone involved in this chat. Though I admit I can see why having a bunch of unpleasant text at you can feel like an attack, I can only hope it provides a spark of empathy for how it feels on our end to be criticized over trivialities like ... failing to put functional glasses in the game months ago ...

No one here was asking you to work for us, to provide advertising for us, to educate our users -- something you objectively can't do in any noticeable capacity  with an average of 35 viewers, anyway. Yet, you seem to think you deserve a credit, an in-game item, even possibly paid and direct influence on the direction of the game for ... A few posts on the forum; a few hours streamed each week. It's a sad fact in life that rarely does anyone get "credit" for something others never asked them to do, but that acknowledgement is even far less likely when you peace out at the first step (the test group) and get snippy with the people you'd have to work with, should the rare thing happen and you actually get a job offer for testing a game (they're far rarer than you think; and even rarer still in the day and age when an ever-growing audience will do it for free or themselves pay for it). And by all means, don't think I'm attacking you for these beliefs -- I'm no believer in common sense after 9 years of this -- we all learn these lessons in our own time, in our own way.  We all learn, eventually, that it's not just about "me;" that relationships are symbiotic things: we make a game, you buy a game, you enjoy that game, you talk about and share that game, and it results in that game gaining popularity and we sell more copies; but you still get something out of it -- you get the game, you get the enjoyment from playing it; from your friends playing it. You even get viewership because you can make something entertaining with it. There's little point pretending it's all take and no give.

For anyone else experiencing slowdowns in the build, try turning off the FPS cap and disabling vsync. It might help, but it's a shot in the dark, so I can't claim it's the solution.  I would like to hear from others on it, if possible.  I really have no answers for it; watching other twitch users today, it seemed like their experiences were generally fine aside from some stuttering when seeing zombies for the first time; usually it seemed to smooth out after the first encounter or only happen sporadically later in their play through; it did not seem to match the stuttering in your stream, Koet. There's just very little to go on. 

You're right. Let's just leave it at that. I will not be bothering you again, promise.