Some ideas/wishes for firearms, vehicles, empty cans and animals for future builds

gayonne

Hello all:

After playing PZ (Build 41) for a while, which I really like, I'm wondering if it's possible to add in the following items in future builds. I'm sure someone may have already requested for them so if that's the case, please treat this post as my personal support for these requests! 

- silencers! (in vanilla, not mods) - whether craftable or lootable, and even for a small percentage of noise reduction - I know this makes guns overly powerful and many people don't like it, but it's better than leaving them guns and ammo around in my crates doing nothing for fear of attracting hordes. It would probably be best to have them if and when "animal hunting" is introduced.  

- more sprites showing vehicle doors / trunks / hoods being open/closed. It's annoying to find out that the trunk door remains open while the vehicle is in motion - makes me fear that items may become lost in the process without me knowing it. Also, vehicles with open doors either shouldn't move or move a lot slower than normal.

- recycling of empty cans - currently, I don't see any use of these empty tin cans or pop cans other than as trash that could only be "deleted" from garbage bins. It would be great if we could recycle these items and either turn them into craftable things like perimeter alarms or hand-thrown bombs, or used as base materials for metal sheets, metal pipes/bars, etc.. Of course, a certain level of skills (in say, metalworks, trapping or something else) may be required to craft these, but that just makes some of the under-used skills relevant again. 

- animals that can produce (and be) food, like chickens (eggs), cows (milk) or goats (milk) (and the fresh milk can also be made into fresh cheese or yogurt). Make them rare so that players could choose carefully whether to hunt them outright for food or grab them and put them into chicken houses / backyards. They could also be eaten by zeds if found, but putting them into appropriate structures could greatly reduce the noise they produce and thus give them better protection from zeds.  They probably need some food like chickenfeed or grass before they could produce anything (or they could die from starvation too). Yes I know that birds eggs can be foraged too but finding chickens could be nice too!

Sorry for being a bit unrealistic (especially for veteran players/devs who like the game to be more challenging), but I just hope I won't get flamed for making these suggestions. Thanks again for your attention!

Edited by gayonne

1. This is a big one... I don't get why the devs are so much against silencers if it's balanced properly. Weapon mods are already rare, silencers would be rare too, and simply make a weapon with silencers break much faster than one without. That means a weapon with silencers can only be used sparingly...And finally, silencers don't actually silence the sound, they suppress it, meaning it's still pretty loud and would attract nearby Zeds, just not the entire town.

2. I think this is being worked on.

3. Perhaps through metalworking, I approve of this.

4. Agreed. Also pets you can keep in your home would be nice too, I especially want a Fox!

14 hours ago, Gurluas said:

1. This is a big one... I don't get why the devs are so much against silencers if it's balanced properly. Weapon mods are already rare, silencers would be rare too, and simply make a weapon with silencers break much faster than one without. That means a weapon with silencers can only be used sparingly...And finally, silencers don't actually silence the sound, they suppress it, meaning it's still pretty loud and would attract nearby Zeds, just not the entire town.

4. Agreed. Also pets you can keep in your home would be nice too, I especially want a Fox!

Agree with these sentiments although idk about the animal/fox one.  Ohhhhh why not?

15 hours ago, Gurluas said:

I also like the Fox! But I wonder if keeping a fox around your backyard traps might reduce your chances of trapping squirrels, rabbits, rats, etc., since those little animals are the fox's natural preys. I know that the devs will be introducing Dogs (which are must-haves in a zombie apocalypse)  around the time of introducing NPCs, so I think these would add a lot more gameplay elements into PZ - e.g. letting them guard your base; hunt with/for you; defend you from zeds; run away in a panic or if badly hurt; attract zeds through barking; breeding; reduces your mutual unhappiness if you play (tennis) ball with it ... the list goes on and on. Can't wait!