How do you zoom in/out? Also, question of "L-Shift" key when driving

gayonne

Question

Hello everyone - 

I have a couple of basic control questions - I play with keyboard and mouse:

- how do you zoom in / zoom out? I see from many YouTube videos that the players are able to zoom in and out to see their surroundings. I thought it was the middle mouse wheel button that does the trick but no matter how I scroll the wheel nothing happens. I also did key bindings of the up and down arrows but pressing them has no effect. I also did some Google searches but couldn't find the answer to it.

- does pressing "L-shift" while driving turn on "cruise control"? I usually just use WASD to drive but there were a few times when I pressed L-shift together with a WASD direction key and the car just went straight ahead and not slow down and I almost crashed! 

Thanks in advance for your tips!

6 answers to this question

1st,  you should be able to just use the mouse wheel to zoom in or out, i think u can also set the default zoom in settings.

2nd, l-shift + clicking W increases cruise control by 5km/h each time. then you just click S to stop the cruise control if u need to stop or slow down 😮 

Thanks a lot KouhaiSan for your reply! 

For zooming in/out, do I have to press another button (e.g. RMB, just like when I'm getting ready to attack a zed), or another key on the keyboard, before I could zoom in/out? Just scrolling the mouse wheel back and forth did nothing for me.  

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

Just the scrollwheel should be sufficient. You could also use + and - on the keyboard. 

Thanks Pandorea. 

I just tried again. Maybe it's the mouse I'm using that's not compatible? I tried using the mouse wheel to scroll back and forth but the screen remains as is, i.e. no zooming in or out. I also tried pressing the +/- buttons but none of those did anything to my screen either.  In that case, could it be a game settings issue? (I also looked at the controllers' tab but nothing seems to apply to my situation here)  This problem has been with me ever since I restarted playing PZ on Build 40. 

6 minutes ago, gayonne said:

Thanks Pandorea. 

I just tried again. Maybe it's the mouse I'm using that's not compatible? I tried using the mouse wheel to scroll back and forth but the screen remains as is, i.e. no zooming in or out. I also tried pressing the +/- buttons but none of those did anything to my screen either.  In that case, could it be a game settings issue? (I also looked at the controllers' tab but nothing seems to apply to my situation here)  This problem has been with me ever since I restarted playing PZ on Build 40. 

(just to remove any obvious culprits here) 

Is the "Enable zoom" in Options > Display ticked? (untick and tick it again) If you visit "Key bindings" > UI what do you have set for Zoom out/in?

Does it work in Build 40? Are you playing in compatibility mode?

Thanks so much Pandorea! You have just fixed my issue!!

Apparently, I have the auto-zoom box for Player 1 checked. I unchecked it and now the mouse wheel works perfectly, zooming in and out as I desire!!

Archived