My Top 10 tips for new players

pzfreak

Hello,

Since i play this game for quite a while i decided to open this thread and share with you guys top 10 things and strategies which are most important for my game style. Some of them might not be a case for many players, some might be interesting. Also i would like to know your top 10.

1. Barricading - you can barricade from outside and from inside doubling up strength of barricade 

2. Do not eat "unprocessed" food. As soon as possible get bowl and knife and cut all veggies to salad, cook all the meat etc. every action give points. And not forget about seasoning. In a long run it will give you a ton of points to cooking.

3. You can cook rotten meat and get exp from it.

4. Keep screwdriver with you at all times and dismantle all radios, TV, lamps you find. TV you have to pick up to dismantle. Lamp needs to stand somewhere to give dismantle option (and give carpentry sound - btw what is that about?). Parts of dismantle items leave behind.

5. Do not perform any action without skill book. . If you do not have it, it is better to look for it even few days rather than just do what you wanted to do. Dismantling items, building items even cooking meat i always leave on a side without a book. On higher level when you need few K of point not just hundreds this multiplier from skill book is essential to level up anything really. (unles you are into hardcore grinding)

6. TV programs. They are on "live and living" program for first 8 days in game at 6 am, noon and 18 pm. I always prioritize first few days to watch shows. if i get skill book for it is pure awesome. I tend to get the same shows on the same hours dunno if this is game design or just my weird luck. first two (cooking and carpentry) are the most important for me. Do not speed up time during show!

- 6 am - cooking show - level up your cooking skills

- 12  - woodcraft - level up your carpentry skills

- 18 - random - farming, fishing, forging, 1st aid (those i know of)

7. Level up carpentry - i get 10-15 books, 20 packs of chips hammer and saw and go to Sawmill next to Muldraugh to dismantle creates (that's why you need books - your character will get bored very quickly). Usually after 2-3 days i have decent carpentry level. Ah and do not forget of skill books for it

8. Swinging weapon (axe, bat, pipe etc) is most effective when zombie at the very end of it, at the edge of reach. It is better to move back rather than hitting zombie half way through

9. When you tired - do not use swinging weapon. First it will take a lot of hits to kill anything making you even more tired, second it will wear off weapon. It is better to even push or use knife than use even the best swinging weapon in game.

10. I always put 1 or 2 raining barrels inside and fill it with clean water (from baths, tap or if i'm lucky straight from the tap before water shutoff). Water in barrel stored inside will stay clean when i will need it. Also it cuts down on extra storage for water bottles. Just make sure not to put any tainted water there and keep it under the roof.

Archived