Crashing on 41.38

TheIrishSailor

Not sure what's going on, but my game ran perfectly fine before this latest update to build 41, now I think I've narrowed it down but basically here is what happens:

It seems that whenever I exit a house and start moving, especially when the game tries to spawn in a bunch of zombies or zombies are chasing me, the game will instantly crash, sound will still be going but the screen completely greys out and windows closes it because it stops responding, this happened everytime, on every combination of gameplay I can do.

With mods, without mods, custom sandbox, apoc, survival, builder, everything.

The game as it currently is, is completely unplayable to me now, and this only started occuring with the absolute latest update.

Here it is. I'm running windows 7, I have tried running it in combatability mode with no luck.

My system is as follows to the best of my memory:

windows 7 

4 gigs of ram

AMD Radeon 6600m GPU

Intel i5 2430m CPU @ 2.40 GHz

I know it's a toaster of a computer but before build 41.38 I could play for hours on end without a single hiccup.

logs.zip

I don't have any mods that change vehicles installed, but I will disable all mods and unsub from the workshop and try to start a new game that way.

Alright, unsubbed from all mods and loaded in, started a fresh game and the same issue happened, about 2 minutes in and I crash.

I went ahead and uploaded the updated logs.zip as well.

logs.zip

Sorry for the bump but I've fixed the problem, quite interesting if I say so myself.

Turns out that starting a game with vehicles disabled not only fixes the crash issue for me, it also resolved NOT BEING ABLE TO ZOOM OUT for me as well.

I think there are a lot of bugs tied to the changes that were done to vehicles to add blood decals to them, as disabling vehicles literally fixed every bug I had including the crashes that made it unplayable. 

15 minutes ago, xclickitx said:

Following as I also have windows 7 and i5 and noticed dropped frames after this update. Hordes of zombies seem to make my stuff run in slideshow when I'm broadcasting. 

Could you grab the logs.zip and attach it to your reply? It’s in %userprofile%\zomboid

Try a sandbox game with vehicles disabled, just in case it’s the same issue as above.

4 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Could you grab the logs.zip and attach it to your reply? It’s in %userprofile%\zomboid

I tried to, but it stopped me from adding it as it is 7+ mb in size. 

I can try and do a sandbox with vehicles disabled and see if any difference. I'll test it now without any mods. I mainly use pillow's mods, but will turn them off for testing.

I just removed the cars on a sandbox and set it to 6 months later sandbox with insane count. No noticeable issues, game seemed to run smoother. It seems to have fixed it. I will need to do more in-depth testing but for 10 minutes it ran better than my current normal pop game with cars. 

1 hour ago, EasyPickins said:

Could you try starting the game by using the ProjectZomboidOpenGLDebug64.bat file located in the ProjectZomboid folder?
It might help reveal where the OpenGL error is happening.

Of course! After all isn't that why we're playing build 41 in the first place?

Here are the three logs that showed up after running the bat file, I hope one of these is what you need. I was able to easily recreate the bug by enabling vehicles again, as soon as I tried to render one, I crashed.

20-06-20_22-18-34_DebugLog.txt 20-06-20_22-19-47_client chat Bob.txt 20-06-20_22-20-26_ZombieSpawn.txt