IWBUMS 41.38 released

Batsphinx

I'd like to report a couple of new issues I encountered while playing right after the 41.38 update.

1. A disappearing vehicle (see pic). Only one vehicle has been affected. Tires are there but no body. I am able to look under the hood and uninstall/reinstall car parts however.

2. Intermittent freezing of game. This makes me reluctant to engage in battle as I don't no what would happen coming out of a freeze state.

Thank you again for all the work you put into this game.

Disappearing Vehicle.png

19 hours ago, Maris said:

LOG  : General, 1592574621554> false
LOG  : General, 1592574621572> false
LOG  : General, 1592574621587> false
LOG  : General, 1592574621604> false
LOG  : General, 1592574621620> false

I noticed that it stops when you get in car.

Just wanted to say great job on the update.  I've personally only experienced one crash (I had the game paused and windowed for twenty minutes and when I came back it CTD.) which I haven't been able to replicate.  Otherwise completely smooth sailing on my end.  Only mod I have active is Survivor Radio.

Hey, just wanted to add my voice to the others mentioning the failure of the game after this new build.  I noticed that I have some similarities to them.  Lots of graphics are missing and movement is disabled.

RAM:  16GB

GPU:  rtx 2060

If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know.  For now, I'm going to try to get it working with that fix earlier in the thread.  Good luck :)

14 hours ago, Rathashadar said:

Hey, just wanted to add my voice to the others mentioning the failure of the game after this new build.  I noticed that I have some similarities to them.  Lots of graphics are missing and movement is disabled.

RAM:  16GB

GPU:  rtx 2060

If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know.  For now, I'm going to try to get it working with that fix earlier in the thread.  Good luck :)

Have you tried this solution ? https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29051-big-problem-running-on-ubuntu-1804-build-4138/

12 hours ago, Cill said:

Indeed.  As mentioned in my post, I went and tried that solution soon after the post was up.  It worked too.  I was quite happy with that.  There's still a few errors, but the game is now playable... and a bit prettier than before the update too.  I did need to hunt around a bit for the correct directory (It wasn't in ~/.steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid, but it was close), but once I found that almost everything worked like a charm.

1 hour ago, Rathashadar said:

Indeed.  As mentioned in my post, I went and tried that solution soon after the post was up.  It worked too.  I was quite happy with that.  There's still a few errors, but the game is now playable... and a bit prettier than before the update too.  I did need to hunt around a bit for the correct directory (It wasn't in ~/.steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid, but it was close), but once I found that almost everything worked like a charm.

Could you post the remaining errors?  It’d be a great help. 

22 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Could you post the remaining errors?  It’d be a great help. 

Sorry.  Since the update steam just put me through this morning, none of the errors are showing up anymore, with the exception of one that comes when I open a context menu before an action has completed on a stack.  In the case of the two I remember, each was just a small red rectangle popping up in the lower right corner with the word "Error" and a number on it.  One was when I opened the game, and one was when I loaded my save.  None of them appear to have a noticeable effect on gameplay.  Does Zomboid keep logfiles somewhere that I could attach?  Do you still want to know if they stopped after the last update?

Edited by Rathashadar
Grammatical error

1 hour ago, Rathashadar said:

Sorry.  Since the update steam just put me through this morning, none of the errors are showing up anymore, with the exception of one that comes when I open a context menu before an action has completed on a stack.  In the case of the two I remember, each was just a small red rectangle popping up in the lower right corner with the word "Error" and a number on it.  One was when I opened the game, and one was when I loaded my save.  None of them appear to have a noticeable effect on gameplay.  Does Zomboid keep logfiles somewhere that I could attach?  Do you still want to know if they stopped after the last update?

Yeah, the log is in %UserProfile%\Zomboid You can upload the logs.zip either in an attachment here or send it to support@theindiestone.com, if you'd prefer. 

Glad to hear most of the issues resolved, though. If you have any mods, it might just be one behaving badly. :)

• nasKo unpinned this topic