Adjust Farming yield

pzfreak

I agree, I think the yield and growing time should be balanced, longer growth time, but less yield, with higher calories for each individual veg.

That way when we make a massive vegetable soup we can actually maintain weight, but it wouldn't be overpowered because of the growing time and yield.

23 minutes ago, Sanctus said:

I agree, I think the yield and growing time should be balanced, longer growth time, but less yield, with higher calories for each individual veg.

That way when we make a massive vegetable soup we can actually maintain weight, but it wouldn't be overpowered because of the growing time and yield.

That's good idea.

It just make game a bit too easy. All you need is empty sack, shovel, bag of cabbage seeds and bucket and you sorted for half year in food.

Setup base on some warehouse roof - 4 plots (that's why sack - to collect dirt) and seed cabbage on changing phase. Bucket outside collect water, after 1st cycle you get enough cabbage to get you until next plot finish. No need of power, if you get bowl you even improve cooking skills and not get debuf from "not fresh" cabbage. Any difficulty, unless in the middle of winter. 

I deliberately stopped starting game like that to give myself a bit more challenge and setup farm when i actually have base (and forbid myself farming on roofs) but still throw away a lot of food now. 

Oh one more thing - maybe some debuf on eating constantly the same food? like you need at least 3 different ingredients during the day or you get "unhappiness"? That might be interesting and force for some more sophisticated setup (or go full metal jacket and introduce carb/protein/fiber need during the day so you have to eat some meat and veggie during day to remove "hungry" debuf? )

I don't know any off the top of my head but cabbages are also broken because they grow so fast. Irl they take longer than tomatoes (between 80 and 160 days depending on the type). It makes sense to me that 9 seeds should never produce more than 9 cabbages.

Edited by Sanctus