Horde climbing a wall

inc31812@bcaoo.com

On 6/22/2020 at 8:50 AM, Damano said:

This is not technically feasible I think

It could (maybe) be implemented as adding a Y-offset to characters/zombies based on how many corpses there is on a tile, and if this gets high enough let them climb up to second floor. It's obviously just a guess but I think it could be doable without making large changes to the engine.

Even if this could happen, it is an outright no for me. Not that I use sky bases, but this is very unrealistic and best reserved for World War Z where it belongs. Harsh, maybe so, but zombies here have been pretty grounded* so far - this is just too much for me.

*ba dum tss

Edited by Kim Jong Un

I'll add a disclaimer in case my previous post appeared to endorse WWZ style zombie physics:

IMO World War Z looks ridiculous, but I think it some variation of this idea could be realistic. If you have a large horde of zombies pushing towards a building, and you keep killing the ones in the front, it would eventually result in a pile of corpses. Maybe it depends a little on your zombie lore, but I don't see why the rest of the horde wouldn't try to climb over the fallen to get to their goal. Zombies in PZ already walk over corpses, except the corpses are paper thin :)

1 hour ago, sprkng said:

I'll add a disclaimer in case my previous post appeared to endorse WWZ style zombie physics:

IMO World War Z looks ridiculous, but I think it some variation of this idea could be realistic. If you have a large horde of zombies pushing towards a building, and you keep killing the ones in the front, it would eventually result in a pile of corpses. Maybe it depends a little on your zombie lore, but I don't see why the rest of the horde wouldn't try to climb over the fallen to get to their goal. Zombies in PZ already walk over corpses, except the corpses are paper thin :)

This is acceptable.

At best, I'd maybe vote for zombies to have the ability to scale tall fences when enough of them are crowded around it, but as far as walls and other non-climbable surfaces go– Please, no. This would make things like log walls and other fortifications pointless against hordes, which is exactly what they're meant to be used against.

This would make for an interesting mod, but I'd rather not see it in the base game.

Sprkng's idea would also be a neat enough alternative, although I'm unsure how Zomboid's engine might be able to calculate corpse pile height. Maybe by determining the height based off of the tile's total weight? Would it be exclusive to corpses, or would I be able to climb up walls by dumping 8 logs in a single tile space, too?

Edited by Fuzzy Wolfy

• 2 weeks later...

In World War Z (book) or it could have been the Zombie Survival guide. Zombies piling up was mentioned as a real risk for static fortifications. The way it was executed in the movie World War Z I dont think would fit in the game. But zombies climbing ontop of each other to climb over a wall does make sense.