My ban appeal.

DeLaRocha

Question

Earlier this morning, I figured out I was banned off of the discord server. I did not know why I was banned until one of the admins told me what I was banned for. Kirrus, the moderator or admin who banned me, informed me that I have been banned permanently for using a racial slur. Yes, it was the N-Word. And it ended in an A. My first response was to reply, making some key points.

Firstly, I told him the term is normally used another way of saying friend, for a black person. Keep in mind that I'm also black.

Then he made some key points, the biggest one being that it was simply against the rules for a "racial slur" to be used and they don't know what my color is. Then, the second was just a way of saying improve on your attitude. Alright, I see how I might've acted a little irrationally in that reply. However, I don't think I owe anyone an apology. I'm saying this as respectfully as possible. When I used the term, no one seemed even remotely offended, or even directly telling me it upsetted them at that. I honestly can't remember when I said the word, but I can picture myself saying it without thinking several times. This just seems like a matter of opinion, if anything, and that the context of when the word is what matters the most. 

However, since it is against the rules I'll obey, now. I never read the rules before and I was unaware of this, I realize that now. I will respect this rule now, and I will refrain from saying the word from this point on. Hopefully, we'll put this past us. I am hoping I can get accepted back onto the discord, it is your decision whether or not to do it.

Sincerely, DeLaRocha.

1 answer to this question

Archived