Horde/Mob/flock abilities

Batalha

Hi,

The Idea came out when I was sheperding a horde away from a gas station and the flock destroyed an small wooden white fence, than I ran and jumped the high metal fence, but they pathed around it.  I'm suggesting that a horde could break things that a single zombie can't.  This post kinda talks about the option of breaking doors in group (https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28547-breaking-of-doors/), I made this one because the idea is broader.

A single zombie probably wouldn't ever break a high metal fence, neither 5.  But several dozens would start to overcome the metal structures within a reasonable time.  Many things can't stand an horde pushing its body weights.  The idea is to take into consideration the number of zombies (and assign them an horde force, or something like it) and interact differently with some stuff, specially when they are atracted by something (cof cof player cof).  Some (crude) ideas:

- Plastic tables/chairs: small hordes

- Loot on the ground: medium (like water bottles and soup cans being trampled)

- furniture: medium

- high metal fences: large

- forest: huge (could be linked to a massive migration event, where you can hear trees falling while the smellly ball of death creeps through the woods)

EDIT: I forgot to put a 'cost' on this things.  When a horde is doing some of this actions, some members should be crushed.  The massive horde pushing its way throught the metal fence, some unlucky member on the front row, you can hear his ribs breaking but they don't even notice it, they are moved by only on desire.  You.

Sheperding is quite effective to loot a part of the town, and with cars isn't much of a danger.  But if the massive numbers you meshed together could "morph" into something more destructible, well, we may think once or twice before grouping them, specially in the early game.

Thinking about a possible  (positive) side effect, I've notice some lag before in very large groups ( many hundreds).  If the solution goes towards treating them as a single unit, decision and path making would be greatly improved.  Even graphics could bennefit if somehow you mesh the inner ones into a unique thing.  I'm aware that counting zombies close to each other and enabling some actions based on the number is way, way easier, but doesn't hurt suggesting this.

Edited by Batalha
I forgot to put a small part of the idea