Small freezes as game goes on

Batalha

I'm traveling by car from riverside to west point (and vice versa) and after a while game starts to show small freezes.  The freezes grow in frequency up to the point of each quarter of screen (of a zoomed out car) freezing by +- 0.1seconds, not a huge freeze, but its quite annoying.  Reloading solves the problem (until happens again).

I think I have this same issue in build 41. 

I can play for many hours without problem, but if I travel too far, like to another town I get these freezes OP described.

Edited by crossed

I can recommend trying to add the "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" folder to your antivirus exception list (if you have any)
As this fixed certain stuttering issues for some players, since the game creates a lot of new files in that folder when you explore the map and the antivirus keeps checking them for viruses, which creates the stutters.

Hey, thanks the answer, unfortunatelly, didn't work.  I put zomboid folder on CCleaner exclude list (the only thing antivirus like that I use).

I ran some tests and I'm starting to believe that some chunks are causing the issue.  I can absolutely confirm this issue 4 times:

1) The first one I described, from riverside to west-point, near west-point.

2) (after trying the exception list recommendation) I exit muldraugh south and took the muldraugh-rosewood riad, got the problem on the end of the road.  Fun fact, not far from the turn, I met a feasting party, hit 2~3 zombies and the freezes disapeared shortly after, I believe the performance god took them as sacrifice :P

3) The road paralell to the main road of Muldraugh (I exited from McCoy heading west, than took the first road to the right), didn't travel much to notice the issue.

4) And after the first entrance of west-point (the one that goes to the farms first, if you're traveling west to east), this is about the same point that I got the problem the first time

I drawed on the projectzomboid map (with my AMAZING paint skills), tried to circle the area, I know that is damn innacurated but you can give me at least a B for the effort :D

freezes_zomboid.png

I've experienced this, if you go to main menu and back into game it should fix it.

Edit: I just saw the bit in you original post where you mention this.  feel free to delete this post, I don't know how to do it.

Edited by Sanctus

I imagine it would be useful to share the logs of the freezes as well. Just play the game and get a few of the mentioned freezes. After you quit the game go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid"

Attach the "logs.zip" file found in that folder to your next message. This could show us if there are any errors happening when the freezes happen.

Also experiencing this problem. I believe that this is a memory leak, when you move around the map, then a lot of objects are drawn, and the memory is full, hence the freezes. But this is just my opinion

Hey, just did, backed my save and my old log, because IWBUMS ( :P ) and headed to freeze hunting.

I was at Muldraugh, as you can see the log, 5 min car trip to the same location of (1) and (4), bam, got it.  It starts to happen really close to the road intersection there.

I thought that would be an leak as well, but later I figured that isn't time/traveling distance dependent and the memory usage wasn't that high (about 45% when I checked) and also is very unlikely to be spawning itens because I have been there before and I did not perceived this problem within urban areas thusfar.  I can see some 'missing in settings table' and 'no such model', but I really don't know what I'm looking for (well... thinking about it, I usually don't know on projects that I work on either, lol).

Just to be clear, this isn't a game breaking bug and the workaround is quite simple, but something is wrong and is a pleasure (try) to help pin point it 

10-06-20_21-54-08_DebugLog.txt