How to edit existing map of a game?

Fenharell

Hello. I searched forums and didnt find any answer to my question - i want change only ONE house in map of West point but i have no idea how to edit this map or even open it in editor? I dont want to create my own map, i just want change one house and that all. Can you pelase explain me how to do that?

2 minutes ago, Fenharell said:

Hello. I searched forums and didnt find any answer to my question - i want change only ONE house in map of West point but i have no idea how to edit this map or even open it in editor? I dont want to create my own map, i just want change one house and that all. Can you pelase explain me how to do that?

You would have to use the mapping tutorial to remake and replace a cell from the original map.

I cant understand how open existing map and edit it. None of the tutorials i saw explains that. They all about creating NEW maps not about editing game ones. If you have this tutorial please send a link to me

26 minutes ago, Fenharell said:

I cant understand how open existing map and edit it. None of the tutorials i saw explains that. They all about creating NEW maps not about editing game ones. If you have this tutorial please send a link to me

You can't. You need to recreate the cell, the mapping guide tells you how to use the world offset and map.info file to make your map overwrite existing cells in the existing map.

3 hours ago, Fenharell said:

Recreate the cell? Just to change some details in one building? Wtf? This is not user friendly editor

Depending on what buildings are in the cell you want to edit, its really not that difficult. The tools aren't a map editor, they're for creating your own maps which you can either play on it's own or add to the existing map. They are pretty easy to learn once you get going.

• 1 year later...

Depending on what buildings are in the cell you want to edit, its really not that difficult. 

I know this is an older thread but...     do you have any instructions or information you can share on this not that difficult activity?

I know editing existing maps is fully technically doable - the game decodes the maps files, thus so can an editor. Knowing the manual method would go a long way toward creating tools to make things easier.

• 7 months later...