Build 41 IWBUMS Multiplayer???

RoyalDonut

Question

When is multiplayer going to be compatible with Build 41 IWBUMS??
Ive been waiting over 5 months to play the new and improve update with Afew friends but they've held off from buying the game because the new update doesn't have multiplayer 

11 answers to this question

That's stupid and doesn't answer the question. I bought two copies because I thought I would be able to use a feature that came out two years ago, only to find out that it's only available in iwbums with multiplayer being disabled. How hard is it to update some netcode after two years? Can someone just make a mod or something that forces it to work? Is there one available somewhere?

7 hours ago, projectslowzoid said:

That's stupid and doesn't answer the question. I bought two copies because I thought I would be able to use a feature that came out two years ago, only to find out that it's only available in iwbums with multiplayer being disabled. How hard is it to update some netcode after two years? Can someone just make a mod or something that forces it to work? Is there one available somewhere?

It does answer the question. It's not ready, it's being rebuilt from the ground up and will be released to the public when ready. The game has undergone engine changes itself, and with models and syncing between zombies and players, their clothing changes, movements for PvP. I don't think you're understanding the foundation of the game's code is being drastically altered.

Nice name by the way, doesn't really seem you're here to understand any of what's said above. Project Slowdoid = Project Betterdoid. ;)

1 hour ago, MadDan2013 said:

It does answer the question. It's not ready, it's being rebuilt from the ground up and will be released to the public when ready. The game has undergone engine changes itself, and with models and syncing between zombies and players, their clothing changes, movements for PvP. I don't think you're understanding the foundation of the game's code is being drastically altered.

Nice name by the way, doesn't really seem you're here to understand any of what's said above. Project Slowdoid = Project Betterdoid. ;)

I'm glad you're enjoying it but I think that's your opinion. It doesn't make sense to not encourage all players to try newer features and splintering the community so that only single-player people who opt in will want to try it. I don't personally enjoy all of the new features, having tried them a little, especially the new inertia movement which suddenly turns the game clunkier. Especially because it's taking them years to update the normal version. It's not a good way to get feedback, you're only going to get feedback from suck-up players who don't have friends to play with.

15 minutes ago, projectslowzoid said:

I'm glad you're enjoying it but I think that's your opinion. It doesn't make sense to not encourage all players to try newer features and splintering the community so that only single-player people who opt in will want to try it. I don't personally enjoy all of the new features, having tried them a little, especially the new inertia movement which suddenly turns the game clunkier. Especially because it's taking them years to update the normal version. It's not a good way to get feedback, you're only going to get feedback from suck-up players who don't have friends to play with.

You do realize getting MP up and running for build 41 isn't as simple as flipping a switch? They gotta do optimizations, balancing, rebuild the system and improve on the shortcomings of old MP etc. It isn't taking them years to update the normal version, last normal version update was November 2018, so It's only been like around year and a half. 

How could you judge the new build when you've hardly even played it? The new movement style can take a bit of getting used to, but it doesn't take too long. They went for a more realistic movement style, you can't instantly turn 180 at superhuman speeds.

18 minutes ago, projectslowzoid said:

It doesn't make sense to not encourage all players to try newer features and splintering the community so that only single-player people who opt in will want to try it.

But surely it makes sense to implement a Multiplayer system that doesn't work and the listen to all the whining from the people like you about it not working. That'll surely work better, oh yeah, absolutely.

21 minutes ago, projectslowzoid said:

I feel there's misunderstanding on stuff here and straying from the initial topic. I'm just unsure what you're trying to get at

MP has been out since 2014, when it was first added.

Animations, has been in public testing since around October 2019, it's not SP only due to some spite, as you'd imagine poor MP implementation added since 2014 won't function with an engine rewrite and drastic change to the game, and is important to get it right for the future of the game.

On feedback, PZ has mainly been a SP game and designed around SP first. We don't only get feedback from "suck-up" players. Many players are adamant about many changes and not just accepting things, which is good feedback to change and the game has been changed around that feedback. As I mainly choose to play SP myself too.

You can also play MP right now with Steam's remote play feature until MP is re-added with a much better structure and foundation.

28 minutes ago, projectslowzoid said:

Idealism is the first casualty when wandering trough the toxic landscape your suggestion invokes.

Without MP, our average daily player numbers jumped some 30% and remained so for the last several months. We’ve received plenty of feedback, but I appreciate the concern.

58 minutes ago, Burger_Time said:

But surely it makes sense to implement a Multiplayer system that doesn't work and the listen to all the whining from the people like you about it not working. That'll surely work better, oh yeah, absolutely.

How about prioritize it? They are busy adding things like flip flops and fanny packs to appease to losers instead of just fixing a feature they took away.

10 minutes ago, projectslowzoid said:

How about prioritize it? They are busy adding things like flip flops and fanny packs to appease to losers instead of just fixing a feature they took away.

Mate.. Those people adding content like flip flops, fanny packs and patching bugs etc, aren't the staff members working on MP, not every developer for the game has experience with designing MP, the developers that have the skill and experience to work on mp are working on it. So those developers who can't work on MP can appease the people playing b41 right now while we wait for MP.

6 minutes ago, GrumpyTheClown said:

Mate.. Those people adding content like flip flops, fanny packs and patching bugs etc, aren't the staff members working on MP, not every developer for the game has experience with designing MP, the developers that have the skill and experience to work on mp are working on it. So those developers who can't work on MP can appease the people playing b41 right now while we wait for MP.

Understandable, I'm just shocked by the length of time that it has been so far. Thanks for the explanation everyone in the thread.

Archived