Export system

Ersir

Trailer(!):

Have you ever dream of a re-generated muldraugh where you could salvage again, explore the city, and met zombies while perfectly equipped ? "Yeah but I got a damn safehouse and so much things to hold..."

No problem, 'cause you can now export the all thing, to a new world :cool:

This program aims to provide a simple solution in order to export your safehouse and  your character to a new  good-old muldraugh map, making you able to salvage items that initially weren't available and so on. No need to walk around in the forest, for hours and hours, crying, desperately searching for a simple shack.

What you need to do, is downloading the program, run it, and follow the instruction.

How to:

Before starting the program, you need to load your game, and walk through your safehouse (you have to make every part of it, visible, on the screen, before saving).

Once you have ran, exit the game like you do normally.

Then start the program, select the game directory you want to export (like C:\users\you\zomboid\sandbox\mygame), export it using the export button, wait until it's finished (a pop-up will appear) and finally create the new world using the new button. And it's done, a new game has been created in the game folder, and you  should be able to start it using project zomboid.

Download:

http://ersir.com/pzomboid/export/last_version/pzsaving.jar

Current version & privacy:

The program will inform you when an update is available for download. No other internet request is sent, and no information at all is transmitted (it simply gets the content of a file on the server, and does not send anything else than a "get request").

This program stores a very limtied amount of information (path of the saves, files path used for creating a new world), none of these are either used or sent except locally. These information are stored in the "options.ini" file.

Incoming features:

I'm planning of updating this software regularly, in order to include much more control on the export system ( like editing what exactly you want to export).

Unsupported features:

While I was working on this project, I discovered a great program, made by randomer679, which allows you to edit the world options. Since there exists a perfectly working solution for editing the world options, I invite you to use it if you want to modify these options.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/43-pzsaveeditor-v1/

Feedbacks:

Please do not hesitate to leave a message if you have any feedback, it would be appreciated.

Disclaimer of warranty:

The Software is provided 'AS IS' and 'WITH ALL FAULTS', without warranty of any kind, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The Licensor makes no warranty that the Software is free of defects or is suitable for any particular purpose. In no event shall the Licensor be responsible for loss or damages arising from the installation or use of the Software, including but not limited to any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages of any character including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Software is borne by you. Should the Software prove defective, you and not the Licensor assume the entire cost of any service and repair.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...