Salt, Pepper and Tea Bags can be eaten but give no nutrition

Faalagorn

With less and less items lacking nutritious values, some nutrition should be added to Salt, Pepper, Tea Bags and/or disable eating them (after all, it makes no sense you can eat them raw, you can't eat sugar, coffee and vinegar and yeast directly in the current game anyway).

While at it, it could be handy to add nutrition values for Jar of Bell Peppers, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Cabbage, Leeks, Carrots, Broccoli, Radishes and Eggplants (CannedBellPepper, CannedPotato
CannedTomato, CannedCabbage, CannedLeek, CannedCarrots, CannedBroccoli, CannedRedRadish, CannedEggplant) so a nutritionist can see them and Egg Carton (EggCarton), though the latter should be packaged – these seems to have nutrition facts hidden inside inlid in United States, so a non-nutritionist should see them too, see https://www.google.com/search?q=egg+carton+nutrition+facts&tbm=isch .

While at it, worms hunger value could be lowered, they currently  are a little OP especially when it comes to weight/hunger ratio. :)

But in real life those things do, in fact, have negligible quantities of macro nutrients. Salt, especially. Salt has no caloric content whatsoever, it is a tiny two-atom molecule, Sodium Chloride, and the chemical bond between those atoms is not one that our bodies can break down for energy.

Remoulade, on the other hand...

Edited by ohgodspidersno

But I agree, it is weird how many different systems there are for handling quantities. We have one system for drainable items, one for edible items, and another for finite but multi-use items, like chipped stones. There may be more, too that I'm not aware of or am forgetting.

Edited by ohgodspidersno

2 hours ago, ohgodspidersno said:

But I agree, it is weird how many different systems there are for handling quantities. We have one system for drainable items, one for edible items, and another for finite but multi-use items, like chipped stones. There may be more, too that I'm not aware of or am forgetting.

It’s the way data is stored in memory and on disk, as well as tracked in game.

Nornals are the smallest and simplest; food and drainables are complex. It also enables type checking (ensuring the right item is passed to a function to avoid a crash. It’s a very common technique in games development.

20 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

It’s the way data is stored in memory and on disk, as well as tracked in game.

Nornals are the smallest and simplest; food and drainables are complex. It also enables type checking (ensuring the right item is passed to a function to avoid a crash. It’s a very common technique in games development.

Interesting! Thanks for answering, I've been wondering about that for awhile.

On 6/2/2020 at 11:45 PM, ohgodspidersno said:

Yes, I noticed that as well and I think I mentioned (or maybe I just wanted to but never did) in the forum. Sugar is "Drainable" so unlike food it has progress bar and can spawn partially used unlike other food items and I'd have to check if that's the case in the most recent version, it can be added to evolved drink recipes which led to this issue 

, though you can add it as evolved recipe which led to this bug in the past: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24212-issues-with-hot-drink-recipes/

Then there's the liquids (water and fuel currently), which use yet another system. (EDIT: actually it's drainable I think)

And of course separate one, durability on weapons and tools, though tools only break when cutting down trees or hitting zeds, but not when using them to whatever else (though they honestly should rather be sharpened and slowly lose effectiveness rather than break totally, but that's for a totally different matter ;)).

Edited by Faalagorn