[WIP] Damien's Building Pack

Damien Darkside

I'm wondering if there are people who would be interested in a building pack for modding maps? I just spent a bit in TileZ and I am enjoying making houses, I whipped this one up in a bit while learning the tools. I'd just make a .zip of building files, since that is how I see this working.

Although I don't mind coding, it isn't my interest anymore. However I do want to contribute to Project Zomboid, I genuinely do enjoy the game (why I'm sometimes too hard on it), and although I can't give you guys a new game feature, I rather would do what I enjoy doing best: adding on. I really like building houses more in the SIMs than actually playing the game, and in Project Zomboid I love taking over houses and decorating them. I like checking out maps people have made to decorate and build what they have done.

This can easily me one of my "I wanna work on something" kind of projects, whipping up houses and buildings for people to use. Would map makers want a small resource of houses, sheds, shacks, kiosks, and additions? I'd only want credit and a link to my House Stash or something.

Feel free to give me ideas for what you'd like guys. I'm probably going to eventually make a map cell once I've cranked out a few houses and buildings for people to enjoy. Hopefully one day you will find, loot, barricade, live, siege, and die in one of my homes!

Example.png

I like your style and would 100% definitely be interested in checking out your buildings and adding them to my custom map. I've hammered out a lot myself but could always use more variety and a fresh set of eyes helps.

To give you some inspiration, the housing on my map is mainly semi-detached and terraced, though there is a few streets with detached houses also. Examples of other buildings I need include a few pubs, a small dentist surgery, car dealerships/hire places, various farms and barns, churches, retirement home, hairdressers, bakeries, a gun club, convenience stores, a place that sells Christmas trees, community centres, horse riding centre, various schools.

Hope to see more of your work in future.