Pick up Corpse Glitch

Note: This post is more of an effort for me to save a character I have been playing as for a couple of hours that has pretty much been ruined by a glitch than it is a bug report. I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with this before and knows a way to solve it. 

So today I was playing on a fresh character and I was having an excellent start to my run. That is until I came across a game ending glitch that unfortunately put a crashing halt on said run. I've been a victim of this bug before, but this time was kind of the last straw. So I decided to reach out to the PZ community and maybe see if someone knows a way past it. So I was clearing out a house that I was going to use as a safehouse and taking the bodies of recently killed zeds to a corpse pile outside. Unfortunately, when I went to go drop the body I noticed that while the corpse is equipped in both my character's hands, it isn't in my inventory. Meaning I cannot drop it, or dispose of it in any way. He's stuck with a dead body in his hands swiss army man style, and there's f*ck all I can do about it apparently lmao. Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this issue or is this character doomed to carry a dead body for the rest of his very short lifespan? 

Danke schon in advance

54 minutes ago, Damien Darkside said:

Is there any way to equip another item in your hands? I have my axe on my back, so when I do corpse disposal, I pick up the corpse, go to where I want it and hit "1" to equip my axe, unequipping the body and dropping it on the ground instantly.

No, sadly I tried this. My character doesn't equip anything when I hit the hotbar and I get an error code. I even backed up the save beforehand but the save unloaded all of my mods and removed all the cars from the game. 

This man is going to have shredded biceps by the time he dies I tell ya hwat

2 hours ago, BodaciousMan said:

Note: This post is more of an effort for me to save a character I have been playing as for a couple of hours that has pretty much been ruined by a glitch than it is a bug report. I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with this before and knows a way to solve it. 

So today I was playing on a fresh character and I was having an excellent start to my run. That is until I came across a game ending glitch that unfortunately put a crashing halt on said run. I've been a victim of this bug before, but this time was kind of the last straw. So I decided to reach out to the PZ community and maybe see if someone knows a way past it. So I was clearing out a house that I was going to use as a safehouse and taking the bodies of recently killed zeds to a corpse pile outside. Unfortunately, when I went to go drop the body I noticed that while the corpse is equipped in both my character's hands, it isn't in my inventory. Meaning I cannot drop it, or dispose of it in any way. He's stuck with a dead body in his hands swiss army man style, and there's f*ck all I can do about it apparently lmao. Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this issue or is this character doomed to carry a dead body for the rest of his very short lifespan? 

Danke schon in advance

Can't reproduce this. I can see the corpse in my inventory and RMC > drop it, no problem. 

You also mention that you have mods there? Could you try disabling them and seeing if the problem with corpse still persists? 

Not sure if you tried this already but you can right click on the corpse icon in the top left of your screen where it shows what you have equipped and it will give you the same menu as if it was in your inventory.  Might be able to drop it that way.

And I'm not smart enough to do it but is there a way to manually edit your characters file and delete the equipped item?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 1:41 AM, pzfreak said:

Did you try to bury it ? I think when you have shovel in your inv it will gove you option to do it. You need a grave though?

On 5/29/2020 at 10:49 AM, BodaciousMan said:

So today I was playing on a fresh character and I was having an excellent start to my run. That is until I came across a game ending glitch that unfortunately put a crashing halt on said run. I've been a victim of this bug before, but this time was kind of the last straw. So I decided to reach out to the PZ community and maybe see if someone knows a way past it. So I was clearing out a house that I was going to use as a safehouse and taking the bodies of recently killed zeds to a corpse pile outside. Unfortunately, when I went to go drop the body of awsome glasses cyberpunk I noticed that while the corpse is equipped in both my character's hands, it isn't in my inventory. Meaning I cannot drop it, or dispose of it in any way. He's stuck with a dead body in his hands swiss army man style, and there's f*ck all I can do about it apparently lmao. Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this issue or is this character doomed to carry a dead body for the rest of his very short lifespan? 

Danke schon in advance

Hey, at least your survivor will be really strong

Archived