Whenever you put a mag into a gun/rack a firearm your character gets locked into the aiming mode

VunderFiz

Whenever you load a magazine or rack any gun in PZ atm your character will get locked into aiming, this can be a REALLY dangerous bug as if your dealing with a horde and need to move away and reload, you can't because your stuck in the aiming mode for as long as the racking/loading animation is happening

Video here:

It's been confirmed a vanilla bug by our mod hating Discord member Burger Time, i was referring to the fact that the character gets stuck in the Aiming mode when putting a magazine into a firearm or racking any gun, this bug is a major issue and has nearly ended my save repeatedly

13 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Can’t check right now, but am genuinely curious: what’s the problem? You cancel reloading if zombies are too close and run to a safe spot.

I think I can help clarify

The very beginning of the animation dramatically slows you down for a few frames. It's definitely long enough to get you killed if you get surprised, and is unskippable. It should have the same walk speed as normal walking, but right now it has the same walk speed as aiming. Also it should end instantaneously if the player starts running, like all the other inventory actions like smoking, unpacking, or eating.

Pretty sure this also happens when your character pumps a shotgun after reloading

Edited by ohgodspidersno

I haven't reported this, because I've found this when working on modding, but reloading is damn weird right now.

With some reload action types, say shotgun, it seems to get randomly locked into the beginning of the reload process.

And when reloading the game seems to read the mouse location as a aiming location, when you aren't aiming, and the screen center jumps to the mouse pointer location, which is jarring when reloading from inventory or hotbar.