Stealth Issues

voggi

After swapping between the current build and build 41 many times to play solo and multiplayer, I am finding some huge differences between the current build and build 41 when it comes to stealth.

In build 40 I've played the burglar  profession for the stealth boost. You can maneuver in front of zombies with a pretty small birth of space. In build 41 taking any traits or professions that improve stealth seem to make no difference at all.  I've even used some modded professions and traits to start with 6 sneak and 5 lightfooted and nimble. Zombies that are a good distance away spot me while I am crouching around, while in build 40 I would have slipped right past them with much less sneak skill.

It's disheartening to feel like stealth is a useless skill in this new build.  I feel as though it is a little unbalanced at the moment.

If any other players have this same feeling or issue please let me know.

It is not useless - it is different and more nuanced compared to Build 40.

For example, no longer sneaking and crouching in the middle of the road in front of a group of zeds makes you 100% invisible. They are not blind or deaf any more (a bug was fixed to make this happen)

Think of it as if it is a new game that you need to learn, helped me :)