Zombiepacks of 8-10

JensTheViking

Hi all.

Just a quick question about the worlds when playinf multiplayer. I have notices very different behavior of zombies when on a private server with a frend. There are a LOT of zombie groups of 8-10 all around the map and only a very few single or pairs of zeds. The options for the server were supposedly set to default so is there a difference between a solo game and a multiplayer server regarding zombie spawning and gathering?

On standard settings zombies will always form into groups of around that size.  

It should be the same for any single player game you run unless settings are changed in sandbox.  There are settings for how large the groups can be, distance between group members, and distance between groups.  The standard settings go for medium sized tightly packed groups about 20(ish) squares from each other.

I think one of the reasons people see slightly different zombie behavior (larger groups, grouping more common) on multiplayer is that worlds tend to be around longer there.  I would wager that most single player folks such as myself start a new world upon death, whereas multiplayer offers more incentive to just keep on with the same map.  Since Z grouping plays out over time, you'll see more of it the longer the map is active.

• 7 months later...