41.37 Secondary Bag Mysteriously Disappearing From Inventory

sprqn

Since the last update I've had two school bags disappear from my character's inventory.

The first time it happened I noticed it when I loaded my save file after the update and I figured it had something to do with that so I didn't take care to note what the character was doing. I had previously had some issues with another secondary bag, as reported here, and those issues seem to have been fixed, apart from the part of that suitcase item being forever rendered as a tote-bag (now that I'm writing this down it does make me think if there is something corrupted in the save file and I just need to restart).

So, after a while I found a new school bag to use as my secondary bag and I thought "all good" and continued with my surviving. But now that one is also gone. I can't recall the exact steps that lead to the bag disappearing, but my character was working on a pretty big log wall wall she had been working on for a while. I think this is a fairly accurate reconstruction of the events leading to the bag disappearing:

1. My character had 1 school bag equipped on her back, 1 school bag in her inventory and 1 suitcase (yes, the above mentioned) in her inventory
  2. Attached to her back she had a wood axe and on her belt a pipe-wrench and a hand axe
  3. She equipped the wood axe (double handed) and chopped down a bunch of trees
  4. When she was done she equipped the second school bag in her secondary hand and the suitcase in her primary hand
  5. She filled the bag on her back, the secondary school bag, the suitcase and her main inventory with as many logs as she possibly could
  6. She then walked back with a pretty full inventory and built some log walls, she did this a few times until she was exhausted
  7. Here is where I'm not entirely sure exactly what happened. I usually use the hot-keys to make the char take a weapon whenever they need to fight, or to auto-unequip other things in their hands. This is what I think I did, that I just pressed 1 to get her wood axe equipped forcing the bags in her secondary and primary bags to get unequipped from her hands and into her inventory.

I've had considered the fact that her main inventory was too full, but then the bag should have fallen to the ground, but it wasn't here. I've looked everywhere but the bag is gone. I feel like since I don't remember the exact steps I've performed, that I would want to try and recreate this, or just test around some more, I will see if I can get some more accurate information if this is not enough. Has anybody else had a similar situation?

Yes i have a simil situation sometimes but not the same, the secondary bag disappeared in the invenctory but stais like bag and i can fill it, when equip another object in secondary hand the bag appears again.

On 5/20/2020 at 10:55 AM, Pandorea said:

Thank you for the repro steps! I'll see if I can follow :)

A couple of questions though: any mods? were the bags (schoolbag and suitcase) empty of logs? did the suitcase disappear? 

No mods.
I'm pretty sure the suitcase had a book in it, because I still have it in my inventory, no logs, and the suitcase did not disappear. 
I'm not so sure if there were any logs in the school bag.

Edited by sprqn

So, I just encountered more bag related bugs, I figure I'd write it here rather than in a new thread.

This is what happened:

1. Character had 2 sacks, one equipped in secondary hand and the other in her main inventory
  2. The sack equipped in her secondary hand has seed packets and other farming stuff
  3. I click on the ground outside and choose "pick up dirt" and fill a sack (here I'm thinking the game takes the empty sack)
  4. A sack is filled with dirt and put into the character's main inventory
  5. I move the character to an area where there is floor and select "pour out dirt" until the sack in her inventory is empty
  6. The character now has a sack in her secondary hand and one in her main inventory, both sacks are empty and the farming supplies and seed packets are nowhere to be found.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been experiencing the disappearing bags issue myself but I think most of my issue is the new secondary bags dropping on climbing over a wall (that I only just realized was a feature not a bug). I'll keep testing around to see if I can reproduce my other disappearing bags issue.

Edited by ladysilverdagger
Realized my issue was a feature not an issue.