My First zombie proof safehouse :)

imortalz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an approximate damage value that can be applied to barricaded walls or windows? I know there are variables such as how many zombies are banging it as well as whether you have 1-4 barricades.

I have a well fortified base myself, but if hell came knocking at my door I need to know, time wise, how long my defenses will hold.

Is there an approximate damage value that can be applied to barricaded walls or windows? I know there are variables such as how many zombies are banging it as well as whether you have 1-4 barricades.

I have a well fortified base myself, but if hell came knocking at my door I need to know, time wise, how long my defenses will hold.

I'm sure there is, but I don't know what it is. It'd be hard to figure out because a lot of factors come into it, for example when you're attacking a door, it'd ideally take the same amount of swings each time with the same weapon, but fatigue comes into play, so swings you take when you're getting fatigued don't do as much damage to the structure as the ones you take when you're not fatigued. Zombies get fatigued too, I'm fairly sure, judging from their behavior when you have extended melee fights with them, ie. they'll get considerably slower every time you knock em down and they get back up to come after you again. So you'd have to consider zombie fatigue, plus zombie longevity because the longer a zombie is around the more decayed they'll be, which influences attack strength and I think attack speed. So fatigue, longevity, zombie numbers, carpentry skill used when you built the wall and/or barricades on the wall, etc. There's so much you'd have to calculate there to get an exact number, I'd think it'd be near impossible without asking the dev who did the coding for it, and even then it'd probably be hard for them to find. I think a good rule of thumb is to respond immediately whenever you hear zombie banging in your base. Any groups smaller than maybe 5 or 7 just carefully take out with melee tactics, and any group larger than that maybe reassess whether it's worth luring them away and coming back or abandoning ship for safer waters somewhere else.