My First zombie proof safehouse :)

imortalz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im struggling to hand a sheet rope from the upper of the Sunstar hotel; all the windows are locked, and when i smash them, the option to hang one is not there.

I have a sheet rope and a nail in my inventory.

If you press E while standing next to a broken window your character will start trying to force it opened. If you just leave them to do it they'll always get it eventually. Always. It's just a matter of time. So you don't actually have to break them. Unless of course it's like a floor to ceiling window or store front window that can't be opened without being broken.

I never knew that!

I always break a window if the doors/windows were locked; ill give this a try next time i'n on

Cheers guys.

^ That was supposed  to read "locked" windows, not broken ones. If you press E at locked windows your character will try to force them opened. Just watch your back while you're trying. I'm fairly certain that it makes noise while he's working on the window. It's obviously not nearly as much as it would be if you were to just break it, but coupled with the fact that you have to be facing a wall while you're doing it, it can be a bit risky. I usually compensate for it by really scoping out my surroundings first, killing any zombies in my immediate vicinity, and then stopping every couple of clicks of the window and looking around behind me for any creepers.

If you didn't know about it though, you're about to gain access to a whole new level of stealthiness. Just yesterday I snuck into an area that was extremely thick with zombies, right through a gap in the group, and into a building through a locked window, and only caught the attention of maybe 2 of them the whole time. Can move really quietly if you've leveled your stealth skills and take the time to force locked windows instead of breaking in more violently. Just have to watch out for alarms. They'll throw a wrench in your gears every time.

One thing I'm finding VERY useful so far in my current record-breaking game of PZ (10 days in and counting :D), is the crowbar. I don't have an axe yet, so I'm going from house to house breaking doors for planks. Now every window on my safehouse is sheeted, barricaded with two planks, and I have a pair of rain barrels outside. It's the most amount of building I've ever managed in a game ever :P

So, uh, yeah. In a pinch, smash down unneeded doors for supplies. The hotel probably has a shitload of them

The crowbar has quickly become my go-to weapon since the West Point update. It's 1-handed, so you can use it at its max proficiency and carry 2 bags at the same time, it's fairly light, can break down doors, I haven't noticed any difference in combat effectiveness from bats, and it's relatively durable. I tried out the hammers for a bit as a lighter replacement, but they wear out a little too fast for me. The crowbars will actually last you a fair while though.

The crowbar has quickly become my go-to weapon since the West Point update. It's 1-handed, so you can use it at its max proficiency and carry 2 bags at the same time, it's fairly light, can break down doors, I haven't noticed any difference in combat effectiveness from bats, and it's relatively durable. I tried out the hammers for a bit as a lighter replacement, but they wear out a little too fast for me. The crowbars will actually last you a fair while though.

imho the spade is still the best weapon even if only 1 handed. 1 hit fell the zed 2nd hit kill it.  It lack in durability tough.

I can't deal with the whole invisible weapon thing personally. Once they're implemented a little bit more fully I'll probably give em another shot.

Doesn't it wear you out a lot more per swing if you're using a 2-handed weapon in one hand? I know the times I've had to do it with an axe or a bat I've become over exerted really fast.

I wish i could build a zombie proof house... just out of curiosity are wooden stairs invincible against zeds?

i do not know but i doubt they would attack the foundation of the stair to get trougth,. What made me hesitant to use stair as barricade is if the zombie walk in them and just fell trough my side of the wall.

Sunstar? I just built mine on the second level. Seems great minds think alike.

yea,im gonna reinforce my defence since people all say zombie attack player made wall and im nto ready for that , i guess ill be  finishing leveling my carpentry then ill tear the wall down, rebuild them, apply concrete(dunno if it work) and make like 4 or 5 layer of wall back to back.

If you have the resources, you should put 3-4 barricades on those player made walls. They will reinforce them a LOT.

Good fortress you have there!

i assure you it is not possible to barricade player made wall, ive loaded up with construction item after ready your post and double checked, and i cannot build barricade on them, if u did do it ( in the current released version not a old one) id like to see a screenshot plz because for now im sure we cant,.

I'll post a picture of my barricaded walls in a sec. This is definitely the most current version, as can be observed by the fact that I'm in a West Point safe house. You're not doing something you need to be. Either that or you're experiencing some kind of bug.

Here ya go. Player constructed walls barricaded:

PZWallBarricades_zps7f62bf36.jpg

Yup, they're definitely walls. You need a hammer equipped in your primary slot, and nails and planks in your main inventory, not in a bag. It won't work if they're in one of your bags. Have to be in your main inventory. Each barricaded plank requires one nail. So if you wanted to fully barricade a wall square, you'd need 4 planks and 4 nails.

You may not even need to equip the hammer as your primary anymore. Might just need it in your main inventory too. I've always done it that way though, just because it's how you had to do it in the older builds and I got into the habit of doing it that way.

Yup, they're definitely walls. You need a hammer equipped in your primary slot, and nails and planks in your main inventory, not in a bag. It won't work if they're in one of your bags. Have to be in your main inventory. Each barricaded plank requires one nail. So if you wanted to fully barricade a wall square, you'd need 4 planks and 4 nails.

You may not even need to equip the hammer as your primary anymore. Might just need it in your main inventory too. I've always done it that way though, just because it's how you had to do it in the older builds and I got into the habit of doing it that way.

damn thats what i had i picked like 6 plank 20 nail and a hammer and walked to my wall but couldnt barricade them, unless there is only 1 side of the wall that can be barricated. ill pause big bang theory and go check again :(

Make sure it's all in your main inventory. Any crafting you do has to be done from your main inventory space. It can on occasion be a little finicky depending on what side of the walls you're on. It should work from both sides, but I've found that sometimes it gets a little finicky if you're on the side opposite the camera, because that's the side the barricades will appear on. Right click the same section a few times in different spots. The option should appear eventually.