My First zombie proof safehouse :)

imortalz

I build wall all around the stair in the sunstar hotal, left space at the stair feet to walk and be able to save on ground floor. No door or window, and  i use sheetrope from the 2nd floor window to get in or out. Raincollecting barrel where the sunchair are. Thats my first succesfull safehouse. Where and how did u guys do your ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zombies will absolutely attack and eventually break down any walls you build. You can barricade them to make it a little harder for them to get through, but they still will eventually. Even if it's just one that's left to work on for a long time. Granted they probably won't attack the walls just because they're there, but if any of them ever saw you coming in and out, you made noise inside that gave away your position, or a meta-game event happened that drew them in that direction, then they absolutely will attack the walls to try to get through.

The hotel is a pretty hard spot. Zombie numbers tend to get pretty thick on that side of town as time progresses. You'll see :D

ill let u know how it go, so far im around 20 day in.   But since im always on the move i dont really get horded yet. Anyway this isnt a retirement house its a safehouse meaning i wont spend more then 3-4 day in there maybe a week if im sick and need a place to recover.  i try to make a sqare of resupply spot around the map and travel in betwen. as for surviving  rainbarrel and Berry so far seem like they can used to provide food for 3-4 month  easily. also as for the how i build it, i sneaked and took all the zombie in the area first and just took them down as they come. having  leveled a couple of time really help with the zombie disposal.   

small edit: if they do attack wall... how about stair ? i could try to build stair sideway in front of the already existing stair to block them off, i doubt they attack stair rigth?

Zombies will absolutely attack and eventually break down any walls you build. You can barricade them to make it a little harder for them to get through, but they still will eventually. Even if it's just one that's left to work on for a long time. Granted they probably won't attack the walls just because they're there, but if any of them ever saw you coming in and out, you made noise inside that gave away your position, or a meta-game event happened that drew them in that direction, then they absolutely will attack the walls to try to get through.

The hotel is a pretty hard spot. Zombie numbers tend to get pretty thick on that side of town as time progresses. You'll see :D

You can Barricade WALLS??? I thoough You could only barricade doors...

In a much earlier build zombies couldn't destroy player made walls, but I'm pretty sure they can now...barricading will make them last longer, but if there's enough zombies out there wanting to get in and eat you, they'll get in unless you do something about them. They're coming to get you!

You can barricade your constructed walls at any level of carpentry, and the zombies will definitely attack and destroy them. Just have to look at them as devices that give you time. I know every morning when I wake up in-game I walk the inside of my perimeter and listen for banging. I always construct an entrance that's off to the side of my main walls too, usually by building a stairwell and a raised walkway that arcs up and around and comes out well on the other side, so when zombies do gather against my walls I can sneak in behind them and take them out one by one. With enough time and resources you can not only build and barricade your walls, but you can also build extra layers of them, which will really help give you the time that you might need to clear out any infestations that might come around and try to take your walls out. The whole using stairs as a barricade thing might actually not be a bad idea. I'm pretty sure that player made stairs can be destroyed, but I'm honestly not sure how zombies will react to them if they're used angled the right way as a means of barring entrances. The only problem I can foresee for sure, is that you can only build stairs in 2 different directions, so you'd have to figure out how to place them in such a way so that the zombies wouldn't just be walking up and then falling off of the top and behind your barricades. Maybe it could work though? I'm not too sure.

Im struggling to hand a sheet rope from the upper of the Sunstar hotel; all the windows are locked, and when i smash them, the option to hang one is not there.

I have a sheet rope and a nail in my inventory.

I think that at the moment you can only use sheet ropes on player-made window frames. Not sure though.

Im struggling to hand a sheet rope from the upper of the Sunstar hotel; all the windows are locked, and when i smash them, the option to hang one is not there.

I think that at the moment you can only use sheet ropes on player-made window frames. Not sure though.

This is incorrect. You can attach sheet ropes to regular openable windows that are opened. I'm not sure if you can attach sheet rope to broken windows yet though...

This is incorrect. You can attach sheet ropes to regular openable windows that are opened. I'm not sure if you can attach sheet rope to broken windows yet though...

ok, weird though.

you can use rope on pre made windowor broken window  too ive done it around the hotel. The only problem ive got is placing rope trough window facing South, since they are invisible i never can get the option to put them.

If you press E while standing next to a broken window your character will start trying to force it opened. If you just leave them to do it they'll always get it eventually. Always. It's just a matter of time. So you don't actually have to break them. Unless of course it's like a floor to ceiling window or store front window that can't be opened without being broken.