If OnWeaponHitCharacter event is used to evaluate what weapon has struck a zombiem when bomb/moltov tyoe weapons are usesd, the weapon getType() returns "Axe"

Planet Algol

Ah, pretty much as it says in the title.

When using pipebomb, moltovs, etc vs zeds, and  I used the OnWeaponTypeHitCharacter event in combination with getType() on the weapon, I get "Axe", whereas it returns the proper weapon type when using melee/guns.

Sorry, I know this is really niche for a bug report.

On 5/16/2020 at 8:15 PM, Mumbler said:

Wait, are you saying that the game is registering molly, pipe, etc hits as Axe hits? 

Or it’s just the default val when none is specified, like items without a name being called bloo.

Not sure how explosions are meant to work. It’s possible  it wouldn’t have a source char or weapon, only a target and explosion damage.

You can see this in the server logs. They’re not listed as pvp .ect events, only map additions.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Or it’s just the default val when none is specified, like items without a name being called bloo.

Not sure how explosions are meant to work. It’s possible  it wouldn’t have a source char or weapon, only a target and explosion damage.

You can see this in the server logs. They’re not listed as pvp .ect events, only map additions.

That's what I was figuring; or at least, if not reverting to Axe by default, than having been assigned the same value as Axe as a placeholder until a unique value is assigned.  Makes sense.