Give us a separate key to disable cruise control (shift ?)

crossed

As the title says, just a very small QoL improvement.

So originally I suggested to make 'forward' disable cruise control, too, but it would be much better if we could manually accelerate / break while the cruise control is still on imo, and you wouldn't have to enable it again every time you slow down to take a turn.

Edited by crossed

• crossed changed the title to Give us a separate key to disable cruise control (shift ?)
  • 1 year later...

You can accelerate with it on, until you touch the breaks(including ebreak), or adjust speed by holding shift while hitting the gas or the break.

One feature that I really would like is to reset your cruise speed without having to engage the cruise control system.

More specifically, if you hit cruise control up to say 40mph, then disengage to system by breaking and stopping your car, and decide you want to cruise at 10mph, you have to turn on cruise control,  then hit shift while tapping the down key a bunch to get to that speed, but the rate it decelerates is 5 mph every second or so, so you wind up hitting 30-35 mph before you actually set it down to 10. I bump into a lot of stuff doing this...

I just want keybinding for cruise control. Left shift has been my talk key in ventrilo, teamspeak, and now discord for 15+ years. It's really lame to irreparably damage a car and almost kill myself because a keybind that can't be changed. 

Please add a keybind!