Sandbox Advanced Zombie Population Settings

Hello there! I've been playing the game quite a lot lately and I've been enjoying it so much. It's great. But I've got a problem with the multipliers of the zombie population. I want to start a game where the zombie count is low and begins increasing untill peak day when it reaches a level one could consider high. So far I haven't succeeded with my endeavour, the numbers confuse me, I don't know if them are additive or multiplicative. Please, can someone explain how it works? I'll be very grateful.

My understanding is that they're multiplicative.
You set the zombie count under the 'population' settings, then set the multiplier to get a "default" zombie count for your game. 
Then you can multiply your "default" number again with the start and peak multiplier. 

But pretty much all of these are just assumptions, I'd also appreciate if anyone could confirm / correct me x)

I don't know the answer to your question regarding the multipliers, but the rest of it It depends on your vision of low initial count and peak count.

I've had good experimental experiences setting initial population between 0.50 to 0.75 (instead of 1) and just moving the peak day up earlier. Gives a sense of dangerous deserted desolation early on, then just full on danger.

• 3 weeks later...

I've used 0.1 a few times in the past, which is good if you want to gather supplies relatively undisturbed without removing the danger altogether.

Setting it to zero completely stops them spawning for the duration of the game, as far as I can tell.

I have found that certain buildings seem to have a number of zombies inside regardless of these settings, ie the hotel in West Point.

Haven't tried this in a while, so not sure if this is still the case.

After watching "mathas games" build 41 playthroughs, he explained it a bit; how he liked his zombie population settings.

The settings he talked about, and I like myself, is .6 initial spawn, 1.2 peak spawn (at default 28 day(later) mark). This means 60% of the starting numbers, but extra when things get serious.

I suspect it doesnt seem consistent due to "Herding". There may really only be .6 zeds regionally, but that house alarm grouped them all together, to seem like more.

Archived