Car Batteries do not charge while the engine is running

AndrewNikolaenko

Batteries do not charge while the engine is running when I playing in 1 day = 12 hours
Fix is needed as soon as possible, because using machines is now not really work

I do not use mods in contact with cars

In the first screenshot, the state is 90%, and in the second it’s already less, I drove for about a minute.
Initially, when I found the car, the battery was 95% charged.

build 41.37

20200513154623_1.jpg

20200513154755_1.jpg

upd. 
For the test, I left the car wound up for an hour of playing time, and when I returned the battery was charged up to 94%, but if I drive a wound machine, the battery does not charge.

upd. 2
I reinstalled the game and the problem did not disappear, but I 100% understood how it works.
When the car starts up, it spends ~ 2% of the charge, but the battery starts charging after some time (~ 5-15 game minutes). It turns out that short trips by car plant a battery, this is very strange, there wasn’t such a thing before.
And in real life, the car generator starts to work when the engine starts, and not after 5-15 minutes.

Edited by AndrewNikolaenko

11 hours ago, Narrnika said:

Pretty strange.
I took car (in much worse condition), drove through a half-card with the headlights and air conditioning turned on - the battery was 100% charged and didn't discharged.

Probably I should remove the game and reinstall it, since this bug is mine only. I will do so.

It seems that I understood what you are talking about - something similar can be observed in the list of consumers of the generator (not automobile, ordinary): after the generator starts, only those electrical appliances that are turned on at that moment are displayed; if you turn on a few more bulbs or electric furnace - this will not appear immediately in the generator-info panel, but will be displayed in a few minutes - there is probably some period of polling the circuit.
I came across something similar with the car a couple of times - the battery was well charged on long trips, but it was quickly discharged when I moved from house to house and constantly jammed and started the engine again.

It's a big problem. I lost several of my cars because of this problem, and now even if I leave the car wound up during the loot, it does not have time to generate even 0.5% charge, that is, the only way to charge the battery in my case is to leave it wound up for the night, but then I lose full tank of gasoline.

I can't play without cars, but this bug...

Before the release of version 41.37, I did not encounter such a problem for the entire time of the game.

Even on 12 hr day the batteries of any vehicles I've tried still recharge... It seems quite a slow process compared to 1 hour days, but still. Do you have lights and heater on in your vehicle? What's the state of your Battery?

I do not turn on the headlights and the heater; in any state, the battery charges for a very long time and does not start charging immediately, apparently due to the speed of the game day. Previously, everything was in order and the batteries were not discharged, after upgrading to 41.37 on the very first day of the game I discharged 2 batteries.

4 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

Even on 12 hr day the batteries of any vehicles I've tried still recharge... It seems quite a slow process compared to 1 hour days, but still. Do you have lights and heater on in your vehicle? What's the state of your Battery?

3 minutes ago, Mumbler said:

Huh, I never actually considered how changing the length of a game day would alter consumption rates. Are things like gasoline consumption also affected relative to the length of the day? 

I can’t say for sure about gasoline, but it seems that its consumption also depends on the length of the day.

So, assuming that increasing the length of the day applies a multiplier to all sorts of variables associated with consumption, etc, its not unreasonable to think that the time it takes the system to "ping" itself and update the battery status to "charge" has also been affected.  Wherein the battery would normally start charging after a minute of gameplay, changing the length of the day may alter it so it takes drastically longer.  I dunno, I don't do much programming 😛

To be clear, though, are you also saying that if you drive the vehicle it doesnt charge, but if you let it sit and idle it does?

Edited by Mumbler

16 minutes ago, Mumbler said:

So, assuming that increasing the length of the day applies a multiplier to all sorts of variables associated with consumption, etc, its not unreasonable to think that the time it takes the system to "ping" itself and update the battery status to "charge" has also been affected.  Wherein the battery would normally start charging after a minute of gameplay, changing the length of the day may alter it so it takes drastically longer.  I dunno, I don't do much programming 😛

To be clear, though, are you also saying that if you drive the vehicle it doesnt charge, but if you let it sit and idle it does?

At first, it seemed to me that it does not charge at all, but if you drive for a long time without turning off the engine, the battery is still charging, but at such a slow speed that in half an hour of playing time it does not charge even by 0.5% in my case

6 hours ago, AndrewNikolaenko said:

I forgot to say that I play in 1 day = 12 hours in reality. Even for an hour of playing time in rewinding, the battery cannot charge 1%. I do not want to play 1 day = 1 hour, this is too unrealistic.

This is already interesting.
Sometimes I play 1 game day = 2 real hours, there really are oddities and discrepancies - fuel consumption, needs of the character (smoking, boredom, maybe something else..)
Apparently, I will need to test this in more detail.

2 hours ago, Narrnika said:

This is already interesting.
Sometimes I play 1 game day = 2 real hours, there really are oddities and discrepancies - fuel consumption, needs of the character (smoking, boredom, maybe something else..)
Apparently, I will need to test this in more detail.

The fact that the fuel consumption by the generator, the thirst and hunger of the character depends on the length of the game day is correct, but the fuel consumption and the battery charge of the car should not be connected with this, I think. A car travels a distance regardless of the duration of the game day, which means that fuel consumption should depend on the path traveled, and not the travel time.

Great, now I'm picturing cars squeaking about the world at ~1400 mph. ( 120 * 12). So I can't disagree; they should use more fuel + charge the battery faster.

Less desirable, maybe the car and player speed should scale with it? ;)

15 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Great, now I'm picturing cars squeaking about the world at ~1400 mph. ( 120 * 12). So I can't disagree; they should use more fuel + charge the battery faster.

Less desirable, maybe the car and player speed should scale with it? ;)

I don’t know how to explain, it’s quite simple to make a static fuel consumption and charging speed of the battery regardless of the length of the day. The distance made on the map means nothing. This is the same thing that in 1 hour (1 game day) you will have time to assemble several houses and settle in one of them, and in 12 hours (1 game day) you will have time to 12 times more.

I guess I didn’t manage to get the idea across very well.

8 minutes ago, AndrewNikolaenko said:

I’m all about the fact that the duration of the day should not affect objects that are not directly related to time. That is, it should not affect cars, in this case.

😩

It may depend, but evenly..
that is, if the charging of the battery is scaled in time, then the discharge must also be scaled.

10 minutes ago, Narrnika said:

I doubt that this can be well implemented.

Imagine that in the world where we live, the length of the day has changed by 1 hour, instead of 24. But this will not change the speed of your walk and drive by car, nor will the time for which you get hungry will change, but the implementation of this in the game will look it’s crazy, because the duration of a game day is a mode, so the character’s needs in the game should be connected with the duration of the game day, but cars should not be connected with this.