IWBUMS 41.37 released

Batsphinx

NEW

• Prevention for prone zombie heads clipping through walls and obstacles: Falling and prone zombies will now slide away from walls.
  • Added guitar case/flight case 
  • Added a "Delete All" button next to "Loot all" button for trash can/bins, click this will permanently delete items from the container (there's a confirmation dialog before deleting them).
  • Made many previously unmovable objects movable: benches, bunk beds, carpets, canopies, spiffo's tables, bar stools, counters etc.
  • Added "Resume normal speed when timed actions complete" Accessibility option. (Once a timed action is done (reading book, cooking, crafting..) it'll auto-cancel fast-forward. Canceling a timed action via ESC will cancel fast forward.)
  • Added CounterOverlays.lua which add Mash's random open cupboard doors and file-cabinet drawers.

Helmet attacks change:
- Before zombie attacks make your helmet fall and also you get a hit.
- Now if the helmet fall, that's it, current attack won't connect, only the next one.

BALANCE

• Ripping clothing now have a chance to gives thread (depend on tailoring skill & size of the item).
  • Can now consolidate thread (if you have multiple used thread, right click the stack to merge them together)
  • Lowered chance of having the toilet paper house. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nPT64U6X40)
  • Reduced damage done to the car's engine when ramming zombies without hood.
  • Added Machete to some missing recipes (slice food, create spear...).
  • Increased fishing line spawn rate.

CONTROLLER IMPROVEMENTS

- Added loot-window context-menu commands when using a controller:
 1) Turn microwave and stove on/off.
 2) Show settings ui for microwave and stove.
 3) Turn clothing dryer and clothing washer on/off.
 4) Deleting items from trash cans.

- Changed the controller shoulder buttons to both affect the currently-highlighted inventory or loot window.
 Previously, the left shoulder button would select the next container in the inventory window, while the right shoulder button
 would select the next container in the loot window.  Now the left shoulder button selects the previous container in the
 currently-highlighted window.

BAG IMPROVEMENTS (mostly under the hood)

- Experiment with not creating a new inventory item when a bag is equipped to or unequipped from the hands.
- Split "masking" animation state into "maskingleft" and "maskingright" to fix a bug with holding a bag and a flashlight.
- Bags can now be chosen to be held in left or right hands 
- No longer does the jaw-stab RaiseHand animation when a bag is held in the left hand.
- Fixed weapon on the back being placed as if a backpack was worn, when the backpack is carried in the hand.
- Removed transitions from maskingleft and maskingright animation groups.

FIXES

- Fixed lack of lighting on water.
- Fixed vision cone angle not updating for zombified players.
- Fixed lua error updating the hotbar after a player dies.
- Fixed untranslated strings in the tailoring ui and generator info ui. Added translations for makeup categories and types to MakeUp_EN.txt.
- Fixed not being able to open double doors.
- Fixed applying make up increasing your weight.
- Fixed bandit road story appearing before 30 days in the apocalypse.
- Fixed lunch box being set as "Medical" (only for loot chance).
- Fixed double "red lipstick" option.
- Fixed "Unpack" appearing for items outside of bags.
- Fixed being able to swing while in fast forward.
- Fixed alice bags in primary hand being wrong.
- Fixed player standing up when getting hit by a zombie while sitting.
- Fixed zombie pushing player when biting him.
- Fixed some missing translation (thanks Narnika!).
- Fixed typo in survival guide.
- Fixed the player's view cone being much brighter with the Short Sighted trait.
- Fixed reload animations not playing when sitting.
- Fixed ISCharacterInfoWindow sometimes updating after the window was closed.
- Fixed makeup being applied when closing the makeup ui without clicking Apply.
- Fixed zombies thumping short metal fences.
- Fixed an exception when a zombie destroys an object on a chunk that was unloaded.
- Fixed the foraging ui not handling Organized and Disorganized traits properly.
- Fixed the Take Screenshot key not working when certain windows were displayed
- Fixed lua error when a splitscreen player presses the X button driving a vehicle.
- Fixed context-menu tooltips for some actions being displayed (or not) in splitscreen.
- Fixed Unusable Wood appearing twice in the barbeque Add Fuel menu.
- Fixed the player not turning to face a barbeque when displaying the info ui.

3 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Added a "Delete All" button next to "Loot all" button for trash can/bins, click this will permanently delete items from the container (there's a confirmation dialog before deleting them).

Yeah this feature is pretty game-y as you mentioned in last weeks post. However yeah this is a good addition as theres no way of getting rid of or removing broken car parts such as doors, hoods and tires because they are too heavy or have no way to be broken down into raw materials.

I get real annoyed having to leave loot or broken things around the map like knifes and sorts. I always put broken things onto corpses so they would despawn with the broken loot.

Thanks for this addition!

TBH, trash disposal was never a problem to me. I just stuff my trash into a dead body and burn/bury it, and problem solved. 

Only things that gave me problems were car parts (broken hoods and windshields mostly) due to their weight. I wish we were able to "scrap" broken car parts (or car parts as a whole) for materials rather than just throwing them away. I mean, I'm pretty sure I can get some bits of metal plating from a wrecked hood or door. also a broken windshield should just vanish, just like headlights/taillights do already.

IMHO, I think that'd be a much better fix than a magic trash can option; I do agree it feels videogamey, and I worry it may be abused on MP (unless, of course, it can be disabled).

Edited by Blake81

To be honest, the function with inventory when you play on the controller is not very convenient, we have been playing with a friend for so long through Remote play. Previously, it was much faster to loot, but now you need to get used to the new inventory management and this is not convenient. Thank you very much for adding menus in places like a gas stove and microwave, it remains to somehow make it possible to open the trunk while playing on the controller. It would be great if inventory control was returned through the controller as in 41.36 well, or the ability to configure container switching.

9 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Added a "Delete All" button next to "Loot all" button for trash can/bins, click this will permanently delete items from the container (there's a confirmation dialog before deleting them).

I understand that this is the first iteration of this mechanic, as mentioned last week or so, and while it's not something I'd ever use since I just unload filled trash cans and heavier parts into trucks and take them to a dumping ground (usually the middle of a forest lol) but I was wondering if we'd eventually have the option of disabling a mechanic like this in the sandbox options? I'd have restraint for using/abusing it but I wouldn't want people on a multiplayer server I'd be hosting to use it either, you know? Just the option to disable it would be cool, since I'm sure there's a lot of people on both sides that like and dislike a game mechanic like this, so having the option would be really nice.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you to you and everyone on the dev team for the constant and kickass updates, you guys are the best.
I've fallen in love with this game back in December and haven't stopped playing it, I'll be playing it for years to come and I look forward to seeing what the team does next!

Edited by Zeitresu

11 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Prevention for prone zombie heads clipping through walls and obstacles: Falling and prone zombies will now slide away from walls.

Falling from where? From roof? From 2-nd floore? From space orbital station? Can you type normally what you done - when character pushed zombie it does not fall out of the wall. 

Are you translate your patches from china to albanian then from albanian to english. I'll ask google to add chinalbanenglish language to translate your patch notes.

1 hour ago, Nativel said:

Falling from where? From roof? From 2-nd floore? From space orbital station? Can you type normally what you done - when character pushed zombie it does not fall out of the wall. 

Are you translate your patches from china to albanian then from albanian to english. I'll ask google to add chinalbanenglish language to translate your patch notes.

I mean I could argue who writes normally here.

17 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

- Changed the controller shoulder buttons to both affect the currently-highlighted inventory or loot window.
 Previously, the left shoulder button would select the next container in the inventory window, while the right shoulder button
 would select the next container in the loot window.  Now the left shoulder button selects the previous container in the
 currently-highlighted window.

Oops... disregard last... mis-read "Previous container".... I like how we can select [UP] and [DOWN] the list of available containers now...  Good trade off for having to switch sides...

Edited by Arsenal26

6 hours ago, Nativel said:

Oh dude, you’re not one to talk. How about just asking for clarification politely instead of turning it into an insult?

It means zombies that are being knocked down to the ground by the player.

7 hours ago, Nativel said:

"Falling" in this instance is used as an intransitive verb, and makes sense if they intend it to imply falling in the most general sense.

Your comment makes sense if you intend it to imply yo mama ain't teach you no manners.

19 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

CONTROLLER IMPROVEMENTS

Any chance of doing something about the Pan button executing a [Reload] when holding a firearm ?

I realize buttons are limited, and double functions are necessary... but when using a Rifle panning to acquire far away targets unfortunately results in reloading every time... Perhaps the reload function can be blocked *if* the [Look] analog is being pushed ??

Hello,

When loading in/continuing from the last save I had (41.36), it loaded me in, but without the duffel bag i was carrying on my left had - the bag (along with its contents) has disappeared. Also both my belt item slots where empty (but i don't really remember if I had anything attached to them - I usually do).

Is there a way I can temporarily revert to 41.36 (so I can maybe drop the bag to the ground before upgrading to 41.37?  (I have the last save backed up)

BTW, the Duffel bag on my back was loaded in just fine.

As a side note, in both 41.36 and 41.37 versions, posters and mirrors placed on the west(?) walls show as cut in half.

Also the "PAWS" poster shows different image when on west wall (cut in half when placed) and another image when placed on north(?) wall

GOG version, no mods installed.

Thank you in advance.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

Edited by gamatos

3 hours ago, gamatos said:

Hello,

When loading in/continuing from the last save I had (41.36), it loaded me in, but without the duffel bag i was carrying on my left had - the bag (along with its contents) has disappeared. Also both my belt item slots where empty (but i don't really remember if I had anything attached to them - I usually do).

Is there a way I can temporarily revert to 41.36 (so I can maybe drop the bag to the ground before upgrading to 41.37?  (I have the last save backed up)

BTW, the Duffel bag on my back was loaded in just fine.

As a side note, in both 41.36 and 41.37 versions, posters and mirrors placed on the west(?) walls show as cut in half.

Also the "PAWS" poster shows different image when on west wall (cut in half when placed) and another image when placed on north(?) wall

GOG version, no mods installed.

Thank you in advance.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

Some work was done to improve bags in this build, perhaps this is what's caused your bags to disppear.. (IWBUMS, right ;) )

Posters and mirrors and stuffs cutting off is a known issue and will get fixed in its due time.

I was able to temporarily revert to 41.36, drop the bag and upgrade to 41.37 - all is good now (the bag has a lighter/grey color - maybe that was related.)

Great to hear about the posters fix.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

• nasKo unpinned this topic