Not dropping bag instantly on fence hop

ICantKillAnyone

Could the bag drop for the fence hop in build 41 not be instantaneous please? There's a lot of times where I just want to press E to open my door and the game thinks I want to hop a fence and my character drops his bag even though I'm not actually hopping the fence (I don't even start the animation for the fence hopping). Something like half a second before he drops his bag would be amazing. Edit: As I was writing this I also realized this happens even when you're in your combat stance as well.

Edited by ICantKillAnyone

Sorry I'll explain it better. Whenever you fence hop over a tall fence now you drop your secondary bag. Fence hopping and opening doors both share the E button. If you have tall walls next to a door it's very easy to accidentally press E on the walls instead of your door. This is a problem because even though the animation won't trigger while you're holding a direction button the bag dropping will because it's instantaneous.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue. Before the recent update, I don't remember my character dropping his secondary bag when he climbs over a fence. When this first happened, I didn't know it until I got home and started looking for my secondary bag. I thought I had lost this new bag and everything in it, maybe from a  crash? So I played on and then it happened again. A new found bag but missing by the time I got home. I decided it must be a new bug related to the new update and just kept playing. While heading back to a recently looted house to finish the job, I saw  a duffel bag on the ground, right by the fence. Then I figured it out. I repeated it, paying attention this time and sure enough. Over the fence he went and down the secondary bag went. Is this a bug or a new thing?

On 6/4/2020 at 5:59 AM, Pandorea said:

I see :) thank you for the thorough explanation! I'll see what we can do.

And yes, this is a feature - whenever your char will climb a fence or even a sheet rope, they should drop the bag they hold in seconday slot.

Ok, thank you for letting me this is a feature. I can be aware of it now and know this in normal behavior.