IWBUMS 41, Does clothing have any other effects besides protection and insulation?

Jangles

I'm specifically thinking about movement speed because certain items certainly seem like they should help you out in that regard. For example sneakers off no protection of any sort but I'd think maybe they'd aid in movement speed or possibly cause your fatigue to go down a bit slower. If this isn't currently the way it works, is it planned? In general I feel like lighter clothing could result in making less noise and moving faster or with less fatigue but at the expense of less protection is a good mechanic but I'm having trouble telling if that's currently how it works or not

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, some clothing has functionality beyond protection and insulation.

Your example of sneakers is spot on, they do have a better running speed than say boots or "shoes".

I have not performed metal working much, as that isn't usually my go to style of play, but on Youtube, I always see people use the welding helmet when using the blow torch and I see them take it off after.

I have no clue if the helmet is required or what happens if you are not using the helmet. Maybe they are just role playing. I don't know. Try it and let us know.

Archived