Pockets please

Jangles

With belts and holsters adding hotbar slots I would think it'd be neat to have more hotbar slots from pockets. It'd also make for interesting trade offs if things like cargo pants gave more hotbar slots but less protection and jeans gave less hotbar slots but more protection. The slots would be used for non weapon items/food. It'd certainly be convenient to hotbar beta blockers or pain killers for quick use in a fight, or putting food on your hotbar just for the convenience of it. I could also see hotbarring items you don't want removed from inventory when clicking transfer all (water bottle comes to mind). Sure putting a bowl of soup in your pocket isn't 100% realistic, but neither is putting it in your backpack and, for that matter, a lot of other storage logic. I really like the mechanic of belts giving hotbar slots, and I think expanding on it would be a good way to expand on clothing mechanics as a whole and add more interesting choices for what to wear besides just protection and insulation.

Yeah I noticed there is items to create hotbar slots in iwbums, I just hope they keep expanding on it beyond just belts and holsters, i know iwbums 41 has a ways to go with plenty more planned but I wasn't sure if this specifically was going to be added. If so then my bad on being redundant.

As a sidenote to this, it would be interesting to put a "spillable" characteristic to any storable item that fits the bill; if you run around with a bowl of soup in your pocket it slowly runs out (or perhaps immediately empties, depending on how hardcore you wanna be about it).  Pretty much anything liquid without a sealed lid ought to have to be carried in one or both hands to not be spilled.

With the washing of clothing, bags, and self, I see this being a fairly natural work-in.

Edited by Mumbler