PZ 41.36 crashes pc

Oscar

Question

Hello,

PZ version 41.36 starts normally. Then after 10 seconds up to 10 minutes the game locks up. If the music is playing, I can still hear about 5 tones. Then the computer reboots.

After some tries, the game keeps playing without problems. Then when I start again later, same problem. If I play windowed the only crash will be the game, If the window is small enough. Which is not playable.

Updates have been done for windows and GPU.

Totally addicted regards,

Oscar

console.txt

4 answers to this question

Update 12-5'20: Noticed the PZ version update to 41.37

Savegame loaded, crashed my system/pc within 10 minutes. Did not happen again today.

Update 14-5-'20: Crashed again within 10 minutes, just after loading my savegame.

console.txt

New version of realtek universal (audio) driver found. Installing.

Go to C:\Users\Yourusername\Zomboid\options.ini

Open that with a text editor and set:

textureCompression=true
texture2x=false

This will disable the double sized textures and enable texture compression, as their size seems to be too large to be used by your system.
Which graphics card are you using? Could it be that the game is using an onboard GPU instead of the dedicated GPU?

Update 9-5-'20: I have been able to play after a second try. As usual. I noticed the environmont looks more crude, now. Zoom works better now: seem to be able to zoom in more and further out. Very low framerate and/or slow game when zoomed out to the max and a lot of corpses around. This is the same as with standard texture settings.

Since the game crashes both ingame AND in menu, I don't think this is necessaraly related. Plus I find that IF the computer does not reboot within ~10 minutes, the game keeps running until I quit (atleast hours).

Update 10-5-'20: I installed realtek universal audio driver, replacing realtek HD audio driver. This seems to have solved the problem of crashes! Very happy with that!

nasKo, is there any way to improve performance on my system? Or would that be a development issue?

lowframesituationPZ.jpg

Archived