Acrobatic zombies caught on video, bugs is everywhere.

Nativel

A large number of the misses in that video are, sincerely, you aiming incorrectly.  With the new system, you need to put the circle that appears at the bottom of the line when you start aiming where you want to hit (so, put the circle at the zombies feet if it's standing, or directly on its head when its on the ground).

There are also a few glitchy Z moments there, I'll admit.

Edited by Mumbler

25 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

The 'zed flip' bug is one that's really annoying us  (one of several seen at 00:57') as we see it everywhere but can never seem to replicate it ourselves :(

Any replication steps from people appreciated

This looks similar to a problem I've had when trying to mod animations:

Whenever I assigned a new hit animation while another hit animation was already playing, the new one would get queued instead of playing immediately - so zombies got stuck in a series of hit animations.

So what might be happening here:

1) "knockdown" anim is playing

2) zombie gets hit while "knockdown" is still playing

3) game thinks that the player hit the zombie from BEHIND because the zombie's center position is at its feet - so it queues a new "hit from behind" anim

4) After "knockdown" anim has finished, the game is now playing the "hit from behind" anim from the queue

5 hours ago, Mumbler said:

A large number of the misses in that video are, sincerely, you aiming incorrectly.  With the new system, you need to put the circle that appears at the bottom of the line when you start aiming where you want to hit (so, put the circle at the zombies feet if it's standing, or directly on its head when its on the ground).

There are also a few glitchy Z moments there, I'll admit.

Mind, aiming is still directional and based on the length of the weapon. The lline-and-circle are meant to make it easier for players to figure out what direction to face in an isometric world.

Just in case someone reads this and assumes the circle actually -has- to literally be placed at the zombie's feet or head to hit either. You'll be far more likely to hit the zombie doing so, regardless, but you're not aiming and clicking on body parts, only setting the char's direction. If you find that easier to line up your shots, then by all means do it. :)

19 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Mind, aiming is still directional and based on the length of the weapon. The lline-and-circle are meant to make it easier for players to figure out what direction to face in an isometric world.

Just in case someone reads this and assumes the circle actually -has- to literally be placed at the zombie's feet or head to hit either. You'll be far more likely to hit the zombie doing so, regardless, but you're not aiming and clicking on body parts, only setting the char's direction. If you find that easier to line up your shots, then by all means do it. :)

Well said.  I didn't mean to imply that you put the circle on the specific body part, but more that you put the circle on the "location" of the Z as far as the game code is concerned (I think.  I've had a fair amount of success with this method). I believe the game recognizes the "feet" as the zombies location on the Z(could be wrong) axis when the zombie is standing, and allows for aiming at different parts when the zed is grounded.  A programmer I am not, so I can't tell you for certain if that's whats happening, but my playing so far has led me to believe this.

Addendum: You definitely seem to do more damage to prone zombies by aiming the cursor directly at their head, but your character also has to be the correct distance from the target, depending on weapon.

Edited by Mumbler

From what it seems like, atleast from someone who has only 200 hours in the game, so dont take my word, but the zombie flipping around seems to happen when the play moves forward into the spot that the zombie was attempting to fall into, causing the game to not be able to place the zombie in that position, and possible making the animation flip around into another animation of it falling forward, or as i also noticed, the player moving forward and attacking again, causing the fall animation to go into the other direction

On 5/7/2020 at 11:19 AM, Batsphinx said:

The 'zed flip' bug is one that's really annoying us  (one of several seen at 00:57') as we see it everywhere but can never seem to replicate it ourselves :(

I'm not sure if this is of any help but I'll share what I've noticed.
I seem to be having the issue more often since the last patch, although it did happen before.
It seems to almost always happen when I sneak up from behind on a zombie that is knocking on a door/window and get very close to it. I tried today to keep a larger distance and then the zombie didn't do this flip.

8 hours ago, Peanutziller said:

From what it seems like, atleast from someone who has only 200 hours in the game, so dont take my word, but the zombie flipping around seems to happen when the play moves forward into the spot that the zombie was attempting to fall into, causing the game to not be able to place the zombie in that position, and possible making the animation flip around into another animation of it falling forward, or as i also noticed, the player moving forward and attacking again, causing the fall animation to go into the other direction

Yes, I think this is a good observation and consistent with my observations, like the one above, forgot to mention it.

On 5/7/2020 at 6:19 AM, Batsphinx said:

To me that happens when i try to smash their heads in the ground, and i am in the middle or a side of the body