Bought the game but can't play

Jaster

Question

Hey guys, how are you doing?
So, i bough the game and downloaded it. Started the game, Tweaked the settings (set everything i could to low). Muldraugh (Any map crashes), Sandbox, chosed my traits, created my character and started the game.
When the game starts (After this is how you died), i can usually play for 1 minute and the game crashes.
I've tried to open with the .bat file 32/64, set to admin, compatibility mode(win7/8), tried no steam (.bat steam option=0), reinstall.. Nothing worked for me.
I've been trying to make the game works for me in the last 3 days to no avail, so i'll be counting on you!

PC Specs: i3, 4GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Open GL 4.0 Support), Windows 10 Enterprise (Updated).
All my drivers are updated (There's an intel HD Graphics 4000 driver launched in 2020 on the Intel website, i'm using it)
I don't know what else i could do, please, help me! thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

Hm, I would probably blame it on the Intel HD Graphics 4000, though it depends on the version of the game that you are playing. The beta version of the game has crash issues with integrated graphics cards because of the graphical improvements. The only suggestions I would have are the ones that you already tried, making sure that the drivers are up to date and lowering all settings so the game doesn't crash. I would also recommend closing any background programs that you have, to free up as much RAM as possible.

Other than that, you could send us your "console.txt" file found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and we can see if there are any other errors crashing the game.

2 hours ago, Beard said:

Hm, I would probably blame it on the Intel HD Graphics 4000, though it depends on the version of the game that you are playing. The beta version of the game has crash issues with integrated graphics cards because of the graphical improvements. The only suggestions I would have are the ones that you already tried, making sure that the drivers are up to date and lowering all settings so the game doesn't crash. I would also recommend closing any background programs that you have, to free up as much RAM as possible.

Other than that, you could send us your "console.txt" file found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and we can see if there are any other errors crashing the game.

Hey, thank you for the reply. I don't know what else i could do, i'm going mad haha. I'll attach the console.
I've noticed that when the game crash, the error pop up is an Java one.

console.txt

I don't really see any error there that can cause the game to crash. Most errors there can be ignored as they happen in any game. Though it does seem like the driver for the graphics card is not up to date. It shows the build version being 10. Though the latest one is 15.

You can find and install the latest driver from here:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000

Unfortunately with this error I don't have many other recommendations at this time. The game cutting off and crashing like this on build 41 is mainly tied to the integrated graphics card. Either it not being able to handle the game due to settings set high or the driver version being low, updating it helped most people with this specific issue.
I could recommend trying to reinstall the driver to see if there is anything wrong with it, even though reinstalling integrated drivers can be difficult as to not lock yourself out of the computer, I believe doing it using safemode is recommended? Or using the third party Display Driver Uninstaller to do it and then install the latest driver again.

Archived