IWBUMS 41.36 RELEASED

lemmy101

4 hours ago, Misha said:

[BUG]

Foraging can't use the extra capacity add by trait organized.

4 hours ago, Marco1 said:

About this last video (the foraging Bug), I am no mod or anything, but isn't that because the log is too big so the game starts to fill the main inventory?  I mean, at least that's what happens in my games and I think it's completely normal.

You're right, once secondary inventory runs out of space, items get placed into main inventory and this seems to be happening here.

35 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

You're right, once secondary inventory runs out of space, items get placed into main inventory and this seems to be happening here.

This seems mildly counterintuitive to the way inventory typically functions: If I attempt to loot something from a container into a secondary inventory that doesn't have room for it, it simply won't allow me to complete the action.  That's probably why it seems like a bug to have it plop into the main inventory while foraging.  I assume this was done to avoid some sort of programming bug I wouldn't understand, wherein items are produced by foraging but left with nowhere to go when a filled secondary inventory is selected.  It may make more sense for the foraged item to be dropped on the ground instead of placed in the main inventory?

Edited by Mumbler

59 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

This has been done to allow char to get close to a window to close it. Easiest way to block a window/other entrance is to put your barricades 1 tile away.

But it doesn't make sense. Sure you can get close to a window and cross it with just ONE level high (like a chest). But why still act like that when with more than one level high? It looks already blocked by chests, char should no way to get touch the window and cross it.

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

Please double check the video, it doesn't run out of space.

The log is capacity 9, but my backpack empty space is more than 9. I can still move the log to backpack myself.

The foraging system detected the backpack cap at 30, not 39.

And why other little things can't keep going into the backpack? I'm sure this is a bug.

Edited by Misha

11 minutes ago, Misha said:

But it doesn't make sense. Sure you can get close to a window and cross it with just ONE level high (like a chest). But why still act like that when with more than one level high? It looks already blocked by chests, char should no way to get touch the window and cross it.

Because back when windows existed, zombies crawling over things didn’t. This was to allow them to parhfind through windows.

It’ll be changed at some point, but for now you need to be aware of it and act accordingly.

2 hours ago, Marco1 said:

I am going to check it myself later, but, in case you're there...What if you go somewhere else (let's say a place with 100%) and select put in backpack with already 29.9 inside, what happens?

That's what you want.

26 minutes ago, Marco1 said:

I see, thanks for taking the time to make the video. Now I am curious...

By the way, does it happen with every other kind of bag? Also, is it a new 41.36 game or you started on previous build?

I mean, is this a 41.36 only problem? Because I am sure I could fill the backpack this way in previous versions...(well, I have some doubts now, but still pretty sure) :)

All bag, new game, no backup to test older version.

20 hours ago, Misha said:

Please double check the video, it doesn't run out of space.

The log is capacity 9, but my backpack empty space is more than 9. I can still move the log to backpack myself.

The foraging system detected the backpack cap at 30, not 39.

And why other little things can't keep going into the backpack? I'm sure this is a bug.

After some more testing, yes this is indeed a bug. I'll add it to our internal bug tracker and it will get fixed when it's time comes.

3 hours ago, syfy said:

still having issues opening wood & metal double doors.

on controller.

Just tried this again - the issue should be fixed (for controllers - in the next update). if it still doesn't work after that - do let us know.

• nasKo unpinned this topic