IWBUMS 41.36 RELEASED

lemmy101

BALANCE

- Increased dirt on character.

FIXES

- Fixed some recipes not being able to use the new garden saw.

- Fixed exceptions due to missing eye-shadow textures.

- Fixed the makeup ui not working with different-sized fonts.

- Fixed the makeup ui not working with a controller.

- Fixed the Lua debugger Errors ui not showing exceptions in one case.

- Fixed occasional Lua error when right-clicking on windows.

- Fixed odd position of bags on the ground when dropped from hands.

- Fixed Blooo (again again again) by making the default DisplayName for items is now the Module.Type of that item, making it easier to debug.

- Fixed the "leg kick" when performing some timed actions (eating, smoking, etc).

2 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

- Fixed Blooo (again again again) by making the default DisplayName for items is now the Module.Type of that item, making it easier to debug.

I'm officially dubbing that bug as "Blooosputin"; because no matter how many times you kill it, it will just not go down...

Overall test feedback:

~~

Dirt: Great in appearance, acquisition is not logical.

Currently, dirt piles on way too quickly in passive gameplay. My character's jeans, face and arms got muddied from 20-30 on-off seconds of jogging (not sprinting) up and down my gravel driveway and front yard. Realistically, this should only occur (and at a lesser rate) if the character is sprinting.

When I run in real life, I often run on the grass/dirt as it's easier on the feet. I don't ever worry about kicking up mud and soaking myself unless I'm running through puddles.

Additionally, despite appearing visually over my clothes, the dirt would only be removed after washing "myself". And then I went out, watered my plants and immediately had more dirt on my face than I did before. 

~~ 

Bags: Functioning, look great, but one minor issue:

I experimented around with bags. These work great. I think it's awesome that you can take a tumble and drop one. It creates some harrowing moments out in the world where you have to choose whether going back for your stuff is more important than keeping on going.

I admit, when you are carrying two bags and drop both of them at the same time, it does look a little weird that both icons on the ground overlap each other. It's hard to tell whether you dropped one or two bags this way. I don't know if you have 3d ground models on the books for bags (I do love the new models for them) but you may want to consider spreading the dropped bags (in the case of dropping more than one) by a tile.

~~

Flashlights: Attach the new smaller one to your belt!

The fix for the new hand flashlight is great. For consistency, you need to be able to attach it to your belt. If you want it to become more integrated into regular gameplay as you claim, this is a needed change.

It is too much excess inventory management otherwise to replace risking running through the dark. It also completes the 'security guard' look some of us have during our patrols.

~~

New car damage:

This is great that you are putting in real consequences for having a damaged/no hood, but you need to counterbalance this by giving us a way to repair the front end of our vehicles. We can't always go out and find 100% condition hoods to replace ours with, even if we actively avoid crushing zeke like a black-friday wet dream.

You may also want to consider differentiating the front bumper and hood, as this is pretty necessary as an upgrade to the maintenance system overall. Give players two potential barriers to engine damage that both make sense. Referring to the entire front end (fenders and all) as "hood" was great as a temporary sticker, but you might want to make the distinction. 

Wreckfest, for example, considers bumpers as an element separate to the hood. Players may replace bumpers if they wish, which should integrate nicely with the car armor you showcased a while back in another thursdoid. It's just easier to go that route than having to continually explain that the hood is all-encompassing. It also makes more sense - you hit a zeke, what part takes the brunt first? 

The first step, however, is making the hood repairable. Duct tape, glue, and metal sheets (what is currently the status quo for other parts) are satisfactory. It would be nice if using welding was buffed overall for vehicle repair as it is too resource intensive for obsolete repair benefits. As you recently re-balanced metal walls, this might be on the books as well.

~~

Misc.

Build 41 has been out for a while, and the meat cleaver is still a non-reparable item. It should be repaired in the same way any kitchen knife or machete can already be repaired.

Other than that, great work! It's very close to polished now, and I'm looking forward to what you do next!

Edited by Kim Jong Un
Grammar and presentation

4 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

-snip-

I'd just like to add to this great feedback:

- When making car hoods repairable, please consider removing/extending the number or possible repairs and diminishing returns. Maybe tie the number of possible repairs to car fixing skill? Consider car mechanic and welder professions having this limit lifted?

- Car mechanic profession special trait: can fix all car parts (suspensions, brakes, mufflers etc) with metal and welding parts + spare parts of any quality i.e. fixing performance brakes with cheap brakes + welding and metal parts.

Getting dirt on clothes is a little realistic, I get dirty literally every 15 seconds, this is not normal. However, they have already written about this above. I also agree with the text about cars, we need homemade bumpers and ways to repair cars without searching for new parts (when playing on the server it will be completely impossible).

Here is a list of changes that I would like to see that are not described above:

1. It is necessary to revise the list of professions. I am more than sure that many of them are few that ever take. All sorts of cooks, nutritionists ... Perhaps cooking needs to be paid more attention. Make sure that you can’t eat salt and pepper, raw foods should be less healthy (excuse raw foodists and vegetarians), cooking should become * the basic * element of the game, must-have so to speak.

2. Also, I would completely redesign the perk system. I noticed that many players gain 100,500 negative perks, which have little effect on the gameplay and at the same time take “strong”, “athlete” and other things too powerful. It may be worthwhile to limit the players not to the number of points, but for example * you can take 3 positive and 3 negative perks * I have not thought about this yet, but the system clearly needs processing.

3. I think the game needs some way to prevent death from a zombie bite, for example, a timely operation on itself. To diversify medicines, to make the possibility of injections with lodocaine, for example, scalpels and so on. In 100% of cases I play in the sandbox, where I simply turn off the "zombification". To die from random is not cool.

4. The idea of making the game darker so that players use lights is cool. However, make the system more convenient, for example, so that switching between a flashlight and a weapon is a single button (the function must be explicit). Make headlamps (let them be rare or only available for crafting). Make lanterns attract instantly huge crowds, let the player choose between whether he needs to move at night or better to spend this time in the shelter.

5. It is necessary to diversify the idea with walkie-talkies. On servers, administrators can turn off chats and more, then walkie-talkies can somehow become a part of gameplay. In a single player game, this is really a useless thing, although I know how to use it, but we will be honest, they are simply taken apart to upgrade skills. Perhaps the survivors should be added to the game, I mean, which we can only meet in the form of a voice from the walkie-talkie. They could give players some bits of information about their location, upon reaching which, the player would find a deceased character with some kind of loot. Then the players would listen to the radios constantly in the hope of catching a signal and getting hold of supplies.

6. It is necessary to make sure that cars cease to serve as an eternal wall. The role of walls should be played by walls, not cars. Many players simply put them around the perimeter or as a goal. Tupnyak. You also need to consider building on the water and building in the air. In the game, the Sims seem to be able to build, for example, within 2-3 cells of a support (played in childhood, I just don’t remember how it was implemented there).

7. The game clearly has problems with bags and weight. It is necessary to limit the number of items that a player can carry without a bag, and many items can only be carried in hands. You must admit that a TV (which has a kinescope) obviously weighs more than 10 kg, and it is only 1 in a bag. I understand that here kilograms are rather a symbol of the convenience of carrying items, however, 3 bags with a bunch of sledgehammers and other heavy loot are beyond. It is especially amusing how a character can carry 100500 things "in his pocket" and at the same time hold an ax in his hands. Complete nonsense.

And most importantly, it's time to make a normal inventory F*K!!1. There are already quite a lot of things in the game that you can wear (if they were skirts and blouses before), now it’s a dozen slots, shoes, socks, pants, underpants, blablabla, a fairly large list has been released. Make it like in the game Diablo2 for example, the screen on which the slots for clothes are clearly located. Similarly, "pockets (inventory)", and implement bags also in the form of "tabs". To play with such equipment as it is now in 2020 is no longer funny. in 2014 or some year there, when I just started playing and there were once or two objects in the game and miscalculated, it was acceptable, now it’s not.

I apologize for the possible problems in the text, this was translated using a google translator.

Hello @claire, thanks for translating and reading my post! I'm glad you agree about the dirt situation.

You cover a lot of different topics in your post. This thread is about recent changes to the game in the last update. Would you consider making a thread in the suggestions section? That way, your new ideas can be categorized and seen easier. 😀

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/forum/20-pz-suggestions/

Have a great day!

Edited by Kim Jong Un

New bags are cool, but ...
1. Bag_ALICEpack, Bag_ALICEpack_Army - work correctly in the extra hand, but when you take it in the main hand - they are drawn anyway in the extra hand.
2. Bag_SurvivorBag - not displayed in hands at all.
3. The rest of the bags, which work correctly, have lost the function "Equip (other hand)"; that is, earlier it was possible equip the bag in primary hand, and it still had the contextmenu item "Equip Secondary" - and vice versa; Now it can be seen on the example of Bag_SurvivorBag, which has not changed; any other bag now must first be unequip, and only then equip in the other hand - which is not very good.

In addition, after using a pause (at least in debug-mode), now and then something strange happens.

Help only by rebooting the game, exit to main menu does not help.

Edited by Narrnika

2 hours ago, Narrnika said:

In addition, after using a pause (at least in debug-mode), now and then something strange happens:

Shadows_1.png

Help only by rebooting the game, exit to main menu does not help.

Turning models invisible / disabling them is bound to the F3 key. Did you press that on accident when trying to hit F2 for pause? The F-keys are bound to a couple debug functions so I would not recommend using those to fast-forward, etc.

Hi guys, thanks for your hard work and keeping this game fresh. I hope you are all well and safe.

I haven't played around with the updates enough to give a detailed overview of feedback.

But I did notice that I couldn't favorite items anymore or put Favorited items in the bag that I am holding off-hand.

I tried using the garbage bag, sack and school bag but none would let me do it.

It would be great if you could look into this as I am using the favorite option all the time to make sure I don't transfer stuff that need to stay in the bag.

Thanks!

On 4/29/2020 at 3:13 PM, Kappatao said:

I fele stupid, what is blooo?

Every now and then when you'll see a mysterious item called "Bloooo" in a context menu dropdown.

The reason, I believe, is this: If you dig into the source files, you'll find that hair, bandages, physical wounds, and the rotting skin on zombies is all considered "clothing" because it gets drawn on top of character models. The player isn't supposed to know this; wounds and bandages aren't supposed to be visible in your inventory and the only way you should be able to interact with them is through the medical UI.

However, every now and then there will be some bug that causes them to show up in a context menu somewhere. I haven't seen one in awhile but when I did it would be while right-clicking on a sink and selecting the "Wash". Mixed in with the list of clothing were a few entries that just read "Bloooo"

[BUG? / Suggest]

The plants (even trees) still grow up even something over on it. It should stop growing if something big and heavy items on it.

Maybe you can add some decay effect on the item just like the house wall.

020505232116.png

020505232205.png

After changing the resolution from high to low, some panels (for example, containers for looting) hide to the right. And to fix it, you need to change the resolution to high, drag panel and then go back to low resolution.

Edited by Schmarotzer

On 4/30/2020 at 12:24 AM, loudboomaker said:

You can get stuck inside of the model of the upside down destroyed cars and I can't find any way to get out of it.  I will probably starve to death for this :(

edit: A horde ate me while I was stuck.

I had the same issue. 

21 hours ago, Misha said:

[BUG]

Can't block window with two chests.

1271232437_63@NB@Z9F1C3TJY2I4DZX5.thumb.jpg.3c8375fa23a7dd3f48e38cda82903483.jpg2092566919_HCVAT)YFN6IJYUXBCOD.jpg.7c8e87f504a4e2f402464637f163fc50.jpg

This has been done to allow char to get close to a window to close it. Easiest way to block a window/other entrance is to put your barricades 1 tile away.

• nasKo unpinned this topic