As Far As I've Made It

Mumbler

As I'm currently mourning the loss of Michelle Wilson, my longest run since B41 dropped, I thought I'd ask as an overall question:  What's your longest run with the new animations?  What's your average?  Are there traits you used to pick but no longer do, or vice versa?  

Michelle was a slow reader with a weak stomach.  Though strong and lucky, she was previously unemployed.   She'd just built a fishing shack on the river and started some potatoes coming up when a thunderstorm forced her into a house she shouldn't have been in. She lasted 23 days and 11 hours.  My average play through has been 3-5 days, so this was a great improvement.

Tell me about your experience so far!

Edit: Ms. Wilson was on Survivor playstyle.  Thought that was worth mentioning.

How did they manage to get you? Was there a secret mega horde hiding inside that lunged the instant you got inside?

My current run is 10 months and like 20ish days. I gave myself an almost impossible challenge by starting off with both weak and unfit.... the start of the game was the hardest start I've ever had but felt unstoppable once I surpassed 2 weeks :) Also set-up the starting house as my main base, which I'd never done before so that was a cool bonus 

6 minutes ago, Mr_Sunshine said:

How did they manage to get you? Was there a secret mega horde hiding inside that lunged the instant you got inside?

My current run is 10 months and like 20ish days. I gave myself an almost impossible challenge by starting off with both weak and unfit.... the start of the game was the hardest start I've ever had but felt unstoppable once I surpassed 2 weeks :) Also set-up the starting house as my main base, which I'd never done before so that was a cool bonus 

I'd seen the Zs outside on my way in the house, but thought if I was quiet enough I'd have a dry place to sleep.  They followed me upstairs and pinned me in a bathroom with no window.  

Ten months?! Granted, I only started playing B41 in the last week, but that's a high standard!  I imagine at this point you rely mostly on farming,  and not so much loot runs?

12 minutes ago, Mumbler said:

I'd seen the Zs outside on my way in the house, but thought if I was quiet enough I'd have a dry place to sleep.  They followed me upstairs and pinned me in a bathroom with no window.  

Ten months?! Granted, I only started playing B41 in the last week, but that's a high standard!  I imagine at this point you rely mostly on farming,  and not so much loot runs?

Ahhh was it also while you were trying to sleep? Always scares the shit out of me if zombies start bursting through the window or the door during sleep 🤣 were you also near Westpoint? 

Yeah! Trying to hit that 1 year mark :) Pretty much with the farming, but I try to explore and go on looting runs as much as I can inbetween purely to add excitement. Managed to visit the secret military base which is such a clusterfuck of zombies. Also been trying to upgrade my metalworking skills to make metal barricades etc since I've never done that before

My biggest tip if you're ever struggling in B41 is to try out spears. Their durability can suck ass initially but once you level up (managed to get to lvl 6 atm!) they are honestly the best. They also just look and feel badass too 

Mr_Sunshine: I'm really just getting back into the game after a several year haiatus, not having had a PC until recently. I've got quite a bit to learn about the game this time around.  I seem to have come back right before a really exciting time for Zomboid, thankfully  :)

I had JUST started poking Zs with spears when Michelle got bit, but they definitely seemed to get the job done. I also noticed having levels in specific melee styles seems to make a much bigger difference in this build than any other.  Time to rethink how I build my characters, I'd say.

Never been to the Secret Base.   I'm not even quite sure where it is...I'm honestly hoping to stumble on it randomly some day.

Oh nice! Yeah it's a very exciting time for PZ :) especially with Louisville and the hunting update on the soon-to-be-close horizon 

I've heard axes can be good and other melee styles but I haven't tried it out enough to try it out. Just experiment around :) 

Haha, it's really out the way to stumble your way casually into it but you should always keep it in mind should you ever manage to set up a safehouse and live for a sustained amount of time and want to explore. It's got guaranteed zombie spawns for army camo outfits + the bags (which are the best in the game!) so it's an exciting place to venture for end-game gear + for shits and giggles 

Archived