[41.34] No corpse decomposition

Mr_Sunshine

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd leave a post here to say that within my current save game (Apocalypse/survivor) it's been far longer than 9 days and corpses still haven't disappeared/decomposed

My save game is from a build pre this feature + the corpses were too, so maybe that's to do with it?

Cheers!

35 minutes ago, Marco1 said:

Waiting for a reply from Mods (or whoever knows the answer for sure), my guess is you're supposed to start a new game. In my saved game started with 41.28 it never worked.

I started a new game (41.34) a few days ago and it works. First body disappeared after about a month.

Ah, after a month you say? I'll try and let it run for about the same time just in case and see if they disappear. 

Edited by Mr_Sunshine

28 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

It won’t happen on preexisting games without copying a map__sand.bin file from a save with those settings to the older game.

Theres 3 or 4 stages with 9 days between each, as well. The first two aren’t very noticeably different.

Ah, gotcha. Would it be possible for me to open up the file and change it myself or like you said, could I just copy the map_sand.bin file without messing up that save game already? 

(my bad if it's basic info, not actually sure what map settings or configurations are contained inside the file)

Edited by Mr_Sunshine

9 minutes ago, Mr_Sunshine said:

Ah, gotcha. Would it be possible for me to open up the file and change it myself or like you said, could I just copy the map_sand.bin file without messing up that save game already? 

(my bad if it's basic info, not actually sure what map settings or configurations are contained inside the file)

Probably best just to copy it. Zip the original save (much faster than copying), to be safe. 😛