[41.34] .556 cal is not exist M16 uses .223 Remington

Nativel

Why you create .556 cal for M16 Assault rifle if it uses  .223 Remington?

And you alredy have .223 cal in the game... Why you made that .556 cal?

M2 Browning machine gun uses .50 cal, your 0,556 cal is almost artillery shell.

I haven't looked onto guns in 41 IWBUMS, but it seems they meant 5.56×45mm NATO. However,  since it's interchangeable with .223 Remington which as you point is available in-game, I agree that unless some ammo varieties are planned, it seems there's some confusion there.

19 minutes ago, Faalagorn said:

I haven't looked onto guns in 41 IWBUMS, but it seems they meant 5.56×45mm NATO. However,  since it's interchangeable with .223 Remington which as you point is available in-game, I agree that unless some ammo varieties are planned, it seems there's some confusion there.

.223 Remington = 5.56×45mm on NATO classification, but it was Remington who create that cal.

NATO is just organization that call some MiG-27 airplane as a Flogger-D, but who care how NATO call some thing, .223 Remington still .223 Remington and MiG-27 still MiG-27.

If we want to be pedantic about it (I always do!), they aren't quite the same dimensionally and 5.56 is loaded to higher pressures than .223 - making it inadvisable to attempt to fire 5.56 out a gun chambered in .223. That said, an M16 (and other firearms chambered in 5.56) would be still able to feed and fire .223 in addition to its native 5.56. I imagine the reason you can't do so in-game is because of development/mechanical limitations, ie whether the game can allow for different rounds being loaded into the same magazine type, and whether it can track two different cartridge types loaded in the same mag. I'd guess the answer is no, and is probably way more trouble than it'd be worth to implement considering the very limited roles firearms currently play in the game. A reasonable compromise though might be for .223 to be converted to 5.56 when loaded into a 5.56 mag, and potentially vice-versa. Or even more simply, have them both share .223 and eliminate 5.56 as a calibre in the game.

Edited by Morbo513

7 hours ago, Morbo513 said:

If we want to be pedantic about it (I always do!), they aren't quite the same dimensionally and 5.56 is loaded to higher pressures than .223 - making it inadvisable to attempt to fire 5.56 out a gun chambered in .223. That said, an M16 (and other firearms chambered in 5.56) would be still able to feed and fire .223 in addition to its native 5.56. I imagine the reason you can't do so in-game is because of development/mechanical limitations, ie whether the game can allow for different rounds being loaded into the same magazine type, and whether it can track two different cartridge types loaded in the same mag. I'd guess the answer is no, and is probably way more trouble than it'd be worth to implement considering the very limited roles firearms currently play in the game. A reasonable compromise though might be for .223 to be converted to 5.56 when loaded into a 5.56 mag, and potentially vice-versa. Or even more simply, have them both share .223 and eliminate 5.56 as a calibre in the game.

You right .223 could be replaced into 5,56 mm, Any way 0,556 inches and 5,56 mm is not the same, so it have to be fixed.

3 hours ago, Bourbon said:

@Morbo513ORGM-Mod made it possible to have different rounds in the same magazine, so the devs should be able to do that too. I believe that they just dont put alot of effort in the guns at this time :(

I can do that in 1 minute, I mean I can fix tat in less than one minute, ctrl+c ctrl+v couple times and it's done