The Walking Dead (TV Series) Worst Characters [Spoilers]

RedKrypton

I just watched all episodes of TWD, because Zomboid got me kinda hyped. But there are some Characters, who I'd like to beat, because they are irrational, stupid or overall are hateable, exclude evil and or maniacs.

The rules are simple. You measure your most hated Characters from 1 to 3, 1 is your most hated. You have to write a short description for every one of them. Beware, contains spoilers.

3. Rick in the third season:

Rick used to be a way better character. He was reasonable in season 1 and 2, after Lori died, he goes all Psycho.

Everyone in the group has at least lost one person, which we saw dying in the series, exept Hershel's family.

But nobody, got nearly as fucked up as Rick and he makes one bad decision after another.

The biggest in my opinion, was to throw out the other survivor group.

2. Carl in season 3

This little brat, gets number 2, because after Lori dies the writers must have thought we need an heir to "Fucks things up Lori".

Before season 3 he was merly a little pest and after his mother dies, he goes all " I am a big boy". But that isn't the reason I hate him. In the last episode of season 3, he shoots a teenager, who surrendered right in his face. And then he fucking lies to his father. Then comes the final moment for me, in which I would immidiatly slap this 12 year old wannabe. Hershel tells Rick about the incident, and the brat just talks back: "It had to be done." Rick doesn't even slap him afterwards.

1. Lori in all seasons

Everybody who ever watched TWD can tell you she is the most hated character. She is even manages to crash a car on an empty road!

walking-dead-lori-grimes-zombie-apocalyp

3. Carl, he's a bit of a brat who is acting too old and acting like he knows all what to do when he knows nothing. He needs to start to listen to what the adults say because he tries to take things into his own hands and it could cause in other peoples death.

2. Lori, like you said before, she's a idiot who crashes on a empty road.

1. Sean, he is selfish. I understand he killed Odus for Lori and Carl but, he tries to kill his best friends for them. At this point where he breaks the kids neck to get to kill Rick, he is just being a selfish jackass. He doesn't think what life for Carl will be without a farther because, having Rick as a farther Carl is happier. (I know alot of people will disagree on this but, oh well.)

v04a5Da.jpg?1

1. Michonne in nearly all of season 2, her expressionless pouty face ruined every episode she was in.

TWD-Cast-S4-Michonne-590x375.jpg

2. Lori - I had to resist cheers when she died.

3. Andrea - In most episodes, she's a terrible judge of character and she agitates me as much as michonne.

4. Carl - The impetulent child who can't listen need I say more?

Shane*

Carl was annoying in season 1-2, got better in season 3. He didn't "lie" to Rick about surrendering kid, he genuinely thought that the guy was going to kill him. When you "surrender", you don't "give your weapons" by slowly turning the shotgun aiming towards the kid, you put it on the ground. If he would've done a single motion, he could've easily shot carl. And his finger was on the trigger. Make your choises, but Carl for me only got better in Season 3.

Everybody lost someone at one point, and everybody went nuts their own way. Rick is his own personal character, different from the others. You might say that yes, everybody loses someone, but don't go completely bunkers crazy, but we have to understand that Rick has gone through worse than someone could imagine. Let's go : Waking up in a hospital, carrying a big secret (Everyone's infected) for whole season 2, Killing his best friend, being a leader of the group for a winter, knowing that wife slept with his best friend, making wife thing he hates him although just playing it angry, but still loving her. And he's a main character after all, so showing off him going crazy is also good for the plot.

1. Michonne in nearly all of season 2, her expressionless pouty face ruined every episode she was in.

TWD-Cast-S4-Michonne-590x375.jpg

Michone wasn't even in season 2 until the last episode, and even then she was covered by the hoodie and had less than 30 seconds of screen time.

Don't like any of the characters, their all equally bad in some way. Not one of them has a single ounce of common sense between them.

Shane did make some good calls although these were setback by his psychotic tendencies which didn't take long to surface (season 1, not far in he is already pointing a shotgun at Ricks back in secret).

Rick makes all the wrong calls.

Michonne and her pouty face.

Daryl and his simplistic nature and no character depth. *Although he's still a decent character*

The only ones I can honestly say I like are Carol and Hershel.

Although in Carols case;

Spoiler! -

I hate you Rick... I really really do.

61462d62ece4639240685e96df9ab7d2.jpg

Offtopic
So did anyone see The Hunger Games 1? I saw it with my girlfriend so... Anyways the main girl character has also the same facial expression as Michionne, but at least Michionne acted like she has been going through a lot. Always Remember: "I didn't want to say something about child actors, but I will. They suck." -CinemaSins

At keast not ad bad as Shovelface and Mouthbreather. :lol:

I got to say, I hate the show. I love the comics but the show leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I'll say why, but spoilers ahoy. Major spoilers for the first two seasons.

No seriously. Spoilers.

The characters are just poorly written, I mean I get people have flaws, but there's flaws then there's poor writing. The thing that bugs me the most though are the deaths. They carry no emotional weight (for the most part) so lets have a look.

First season. We have a bunch of nameless people die, except Amy, Jim, Ed, Jacqui and Edwin Jenner plus a bunch of nameless survivors who seem to bite it in the big battle. Now Amy has a bit of character exploration but not much before she dies. Just enough to the point where you could feel the weight of the death. Ed? Ed's an asshole so you're pretty much rooting for his death. Then we get people like Jim, they BEGIN to get some characterization, then boom bit by walker. Well so much for hopefully having him as a decent character. COMIC SPOILER

Though he dies in the comic as well so it doesn't really bother me that much.

Jacqui is again an underdeveloped character who's just there. Not much to really say about her she's just so damn bland. Edwin Jenner however I felt was actually one of the strongest characters of that season and felt he was incredibly well written in that final episode, that it gave me hope for the next season. Still, the fact that Shane survived the camp didn't feel like it was because they were trying to do something different, but more to do with the fact that they didn't want to lose a character that could create a conflict for Rick and Lori.

The second season is absolute abysmal when it comes to deaths. Otis pissed me off to no end. Again he played a bit of a bigger role in the comics but was just quickly disposed of in the show, which was a shame because I was kind of interested to see what would happen as a relationship between himself and Carl and Rick etc. However, never materializes. Dale was actually a bit significant but was for the stupidest reasons. I imagine it was going for a reap what you sow with Carl but otherwise killed off a relatively decent character for the stupidest of reasons. Then those two. The names I can't remember but they die when the farmhouse falls. I hate this mainly because the episode before, after being absent for ages say a few lines (one of whom was only there to create conflict between Rich and Herschel) then they die. It happens in the third season as well.

Remember Axel? Remember how right before he dies, he starts developing some fucking character then is immediately killed off as a blatant middle finger. It just feels like the show is so scattergun in it's approach. It develops characters it's about to kill of right before they kill them off, eventually making the whole affair pointless and trivial.

Bleh. I don't like that writing in the spoiler. Might come back and clean it up later. Just hate this so much!

I'm with Connall in that I have pretty much grown to hate all of the characters. There were a few I was growing fond of at one point or another, but they either got axed or were taken in a ridiculous direction. I feel part of the reason is because of the breakneck pace the show is moving at; for instance, the recent episode where Carol and Rick met the hippy couple; a prime opportunity for a new conflict/side story. Literally snuffed in a matter of minutes.

I feel if the major points of the story were kept they were and the show used more episodes to expand upon the conflicts and characters, it'd be much less... shitty.

I don't know about you folks, but I'm thoroughly enjoying 4th season. During latest episode (5th) I thought it was going to get dull and boring again, you know, farm all over again.... Boy was I actually wrong.

Not sure about previous seasons, but kudos to the writers of 4th season. They do a damn good job. 

I don't know about you folks, but I'm thoroughly enjoying 4th season. During latest episode (5th) I thought it was going to get dull and boring again, you know, farm all over again.... Boy was I actually wrong.

Not sure about previous seasons, but kudos to the writers of 4th season. They do a damn good job. 

Yeah, I'm with Leolvanov here - I'm really enjoying this season so far, lots of tension, emotional drama, action - can't wait to see where it goes...

As far as most annoying characters:

3. Carl - season 2 - ffs Carl, and I thought my kids don't listen to me!

2. Lori - damn that woman, and all the trouble she caused...remember her reaction after Rick told her he had to kill Shane?

1. Andrea - so many bad calls, standing up for Shane at the worst possible times, NOT killing the Governor when she had a chance, and seriously, wasting time talking to Milton as he's dying instead of trying to get escape before he turns....although it did get her out of the story I guess... ;)

@ Xydonus - Rick's the man!  He may have made some bad calls, but so many of the group would already be dead if it wasn't for him, including Hershel.

As far as the Carol thing, he really didn't have much choice, if he'd let her come back, and Tyreese found out what she did...she'd be dead anyway... :) 

I'm sure she'll be back somehow/sometime, otherwise they could've just killed her off...

@EreWeGo (Uni is blocking quoting for some reason)

I still have to watch the most recent season and I am curious to see if it's improved since last time. Hopefully I can actually get around to watching it (or finding some way to watch it) soon enough.

I still have to watch the most recent season and I am curious to see if it's improved since last time. Hopefully I can actually get around to watching it (or finding some way to watch it) soon enough.

I'll say that the latest season is my favorite so far. They've ramped up the action a bit, some of the characters that were completely ridiculous, such as Carl, are beginning to finally grow up and develop in meaningful ways. The fact that they're holding out in a single location sort of alters the entire approach they take to most situations, as does the number of people involved.

I'm not going to hold my breath that it keeps up, but they seem to have changed pace a bit, and it's nice.

There are sites online that you can freely watch the latest episodes on, and torrents are pretty much out for individual episodes in good quality by the next day.

I'll say that the latest season is my favorite so far. They've ramped up the action a bit, some of the characters that were completely ridiculous, such as Carl, are beginning to finally grow up and develop in meaningful ways. The fact that they're holding out in a single location sort of alters the entire approach they take to most situations, as does the number of people involved.

I'm not going to hold my breath that it keeps up, but they seem to have changed pace a bit, and it's nice.

There are sites online that you can freely watch the latest episodes on, and torrents are pretty much out for individual episodes in good quality by the next day.

Yeah, I know I used to use a site to watch the show, going to have to see if I can track it down. I have never nor will most likely never torrent. Still if you felt the same about the characters and you think it would be getting better, maybe I should be a bit more open to the show again. But I mean you give it 3 chances I think you're well within your rights to write off the show after that.

@ Xydonus - Rick's the man!  He may have made some bad calls, but so many of the group would already be dead if it wasn't for him, including Hershel.

As far as the Carol thing, he really didn't have much choice, if he'd let her come back, and Tyreese found out what she did...she'd be dead anyway... :) 

I'm sure she'll be back somehow/sometime, otherwise they could've just killed her off...

Except no one knew besides Rick.

My main issue with Rick is his conscious. He just can't keep one secret for the sake of it, not just that but he let Carol go who not only knows some basics in medicine but was also teaching the kids survival methods that are important. In hindsight he may have also inadvertently created a conflict between him and Daryl. It's just one bad decision after another. It's another case of the writers dumping a character before they develop. I also thought it was out of character for Carol to do what she did, again the writers.

Back to Ricks bad decision making; in Season two we get a perfect example of Ricks so called 'goody' complex when it comes to dealing with people. Remember that guy who was shooting at him and his group from the roof, who was part of a larger group when Rick went into town to find Hershel?  He falls down and gets his leg caught on a railing, but Rick, no, he won't have that. Instead he decides to try and help the guy while walkers advance on him and his group. He's standing there trying to remove this fella's impaled leg from the railings, who a minute ago was shooting at Ricks group. Not only does he rescue him, but later on in the season hes on the verge of killing him to be only stopped by a single glance at puppy dog Carl. All this ever accomplished was more torture for the guy he 'rescued' and further damaging his relationship with Shane.

Sure, he saved Hershel but Hershel shouldn't have survived that amputation anyhow, but that's the show for ya :P

Hershel's the only character I actually sort of like anymore, and he definitely has his annoying moments as well. Really, the way the show is written is just... bleh. I couldn't agree with Romero more about it being a soap opera with the occasional zombie. Rick's constant dramatic monologues, the baby-daddy drama we had with Rick/Shane/Lori, the exceedingly cheesy conversations that crop up about faith, perservance, or whatever topic the characters have picked to wax philosophical about during that particular episode... it gets to be too much. I had hope that Rick would finally grow a pair after the ending of season 2, but then Lori kicked the bucket and he went right back to square one. And speaking of cheesy: that reveal of the Governor last episode felt like I was watching a saturday morning cartoon. That's not even touching the bad writing that revolves around the group's chronic stupidity in order to create tension (like Hershel casually chatting with people while he's got a dead dude on a gurney literally right next to him who he knows is going to turn into a zombie at any moment). I think a lot of these problems (stagnant plot, reusing the same villains, dragging shit out forever) are attributable to AMC's greed and constant attempts at cutting the budget. They've changed show runners over it... what, three times now? I remember there was actually an article floating around back between seasons 1 and 2 about how AMC wanted less zombie scenes to cut down on special effect costs and extras. Yes, they want to cut zombie scenes out of a zombie show... a zombie show that is their flagship series by now as far as ratings go.

If I had to pick one character I hate more than the others, though, it would be Andrea. Mainly because she was one of the better characters in the comic book and I'm apalled by how utterly they destroyed her in the show. She was completely unlikeable even before her ridiculous little romance with the Governor. I disliked her so intently that I can't help but automatically dislike any character Laurie Holden plays now.

I just remembered. The reason I have such disdain for the show is due to the fact it doesn't go to the really dark places that the comic did. It's those bit of darkness that make the comic great but are seemingly absent from the show. I know I should just accept the fact they are two different things but I mean come on!

Seriously though to those who love the show, I implore you to read the comics. You might see a couple of plot points coming and the first volumes pacing feels a bit off, but stick with it and it's a truly amazing comic.

- snip -

Yeah Hershel's the only I sort of like too. Never really had a problem with Rick, except the fact that he is a bit whisy-washy. I'm waiting for the moment when Rick realises that Carl isn't going to be an inconnent kid anymore and that the other kids need to be taught how to use knifes and guns. The Governer storyline really needs to die asap, it's getting really annoying and should have ended at the finale of season 3. Hershel's last performance in episode 5 was quite good imo, tough the whole religion thing kinda puts me off.

The character I dislike (hate is too strong) the most is Andrea if only for not killing the Governor when he was setting up his nice little torture chamber (not to mention the heads in the fish tanks).

My main issue with Rick is his conscious. He just can't keep one secret for the sake of it, not just that but he let Carol go who not only knows some basics in medicine but was also teaching the kids survival methods that are important. In hindsight he may have also inadvertently created a conflict between him and Daryl. It's just one bad decision after another. It's another case of the writers dumping a character before they develop. I also thought it was out of character for Carol to do what she did, again the writers.

Back to Ricks bad decision making; in Season two we get a perfect example of Ricks so called 'goody' complex when it comes to dealing with people. Remember that guy who was shooting at him and his group from the roof, who was part of a larger group when Rick went into town to find Hershel?  He falls down and gets his leg caught on a railing, but Rick, no, he won't have that. Instead he decides to try and help the guy while walkers advance on him and his group. He's standing there trying to remove this fella's impaled leg from the railings, who a minute ago was shooting at Ricks group. Not only does he rescue him, but later on in the season hes on the verge of killing him to be only stopped by a single glance at puppy dog Carl. All this ever accomplished was more torture for the guy he 'rescued' and further damaging his relationship with Shane.

Sure, he saved Hershel but Hershel shouldn't have survived that amputation anyhow, but that's the show for ya :P

Yeah that was kinda silly. Even now 'before the apocalypse' you're not going to help a guy who was just shooting at you because he fell and impaled himself.

Rick made the right call to let Carol go, although I expect that he's going to have some serious trouble with Tyreese in the future because of that. (I don't really understand Carol's reasoning there: the sick people had already coughed on everything etc, killing them now, when they were already isolated, would no good whatsoever.

On a side note: I really dislike all the Daryl fangirling that's going around.

On a side note: I really dislike all the Daryl fangirling that's going around.

Yeah, it really shows how poorly written the show is when the pilot episode starts with Daryl walking through the canteen and everyone going, "Hey Dayrl! Can I have your autograph?" , "emm.. err, escuse me sir, but I would like to shake your hand".. <_<

It shows that the writers have given into the internet fandom that is the rather simplistic character of Daryl and portraying that in the show. Really bad writing at play.

It's such a shame Frank Darabont left the show, season 1 was quality. After that it all went downhill because a certain AMC executive just didn't get along with Frank.

• 4 months later...