BackstabZ

nasKo

BackstabZ-712x462.jpg

Hey all, here’s a quick rundown on a few of the things currently in the internal testing build and due for a hopeful release early next week.

• Visible wounds on the character
  • New ‘vehicle zed stories’ to see on the road as you drive by (these being the car placements and zed clothing that suggests scenes of what was happening during the initial outbreak)
  • Fuel timers for campfires and other fuelled items – showing how many in-game hours they have left
  • The ability to tie a bandana either Rambo-style over your head, or to cover your face.
showroom2-1.gif
  • Cruise control for cars – pressing Shift+W will increase the maintained speed, Shift+S will decrease it. Braking will turn it off.
  • Stealth improvements – especially for sneaking up behind zombies and stabbing them. The player character will raise a hand to signal when he/she is close enough for a jaw stab from behind.
  • Added ability to hold a flashlight in the player’s hand, and also for a visible umbrella to be displayed being held by the player too.

Here’s a quick video that shows some of the above in action.

Finally today, here’s a quick look at Yuri’s work on fire spread. It’s not quite as visually appealing as the above, but hopefully it’ll be of some interest.

On the right you can see all the factors in-play: temperature, material types, weight, volume, surface area, heating energy, cooling energy etc – ignore the ‘weather’ tag at the top.

Then, on the left you can see a map of combustible materials, in this case trees. Each tile displays the temperature of a tree – the left the trunk, the right the branches. We then see a fire spread between them all – with the tree-tops lighting up, and their burning being passed on to surrounding trees.

This week’s rainy road from Цаплин. A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here – so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right hereOur Discord is open for chat and hijinks too!

Man, all good features! Can't wait for the next patch.

That said @nasKowhat music track is that one on the last vid? I know all of the tracks that play in the game by heart, and I had never heard that one. Is it something new you haven't added yet? Or is it simply something I haven't heard yet?

Lots of awesome little features :)

Can we now expect the player holding a bag in his hand maybe sometime in the future?

I didn't think it would ever become a thing, but now that we'll have flashlights and umbrellas, I don't imagine a bag would be much harder to add (I might be wrong tho..)

1 hour ago, crossed said:

Can we now expect the player holding a bag in his hand maybe sometime in the future?

I didn't think it would ever become a thing, but now that we'll have flashlights and umbrellas, I don't imagine a bag would be much harder to add (I might be wrong tho..)

Imagine holding two duffle bag at both hands with a shot gun on the back and walk out of Knox Bank while wearing a bandana

4 hours ago, crossed said:

I second this :) There are some items that are visible in hands when you use them (books, some tools etc.) meaning they have a 3D model. Same with things being kept in holsters, so they already have 3D models. With flashlight and umbrellas bags would be the next ones in line, since they are meant to be held in hand.

Heck, maybe sometime we got to the point every item you you hold in hands will eventually have its 3D model? At least I hope it's getting there!