Collection of Bugs

Zork

Hi there,

I have collected a number of bugs and inconsistencies for 41.33 here - most of them confirmed to still occur with 41.37. I hope you'll excuse me for dumping them all into one thread instead of making 6 separate ones.

Balance suggestions:
- Frogs weigh 0.4, but Dead Rabbits weigh 0.2. I suggest switching these numbers.

- Facial hair grows very quickly, but head hair appears to grow very little or not at all over the course of weeks.

- The thunder audio is way, way too loud and fires in rapid succession.

- Rain causes a large FPS hit.

- You forgot adding fuel info to the Antique Stoves.

Bugs:
- Cockroaches, Grasshoppers, Crickets and Worms can be foraged even when 'Fish Bait' is disabled, as they appear to be valid 'Animals' as well. Effectively Fish Bait has no dedicated items.
- Pots and Saucepans with clean water don't heat up if placed on a fire or a stove before it's turned on. I have to re-place the item to make it begin to heat up.
- Fighting with the spear occasionally causes a stuttering player animation, which can get the player killed.
- Water Bottles and Gas Cans (possibly other items that can be refilled) may bug out and show various different weights that make no sense. Emptying and filling them again usually fixes it.

- High constructions like metal sheet barricaded windows glitching on top of roof overhangs.

- Terrain glitching into cars.

- Item list glitching into the crafting tabs.

- Player character is placed weird during window / rope climbing.

- Fertilizer does not work on carrots. It only reduces the hours. But if it reduces hours to 0, it resets the timer without increasing growth stage.

- Jagged scaling at 100% zoom, as seen here on floor, carpet and furniture.

- Game throws an error when dismantling an electrical item that has an open info screen.

- Batteries still weigh 0.6. Both newly spawned ones and ones from the old version.

- UI offscreen rendering causes text oddness with environmental effects.

- Building a wooden wall corner with a wooden pillar, then plastering all 3, then adding a wooden fence to form a T-shape makes the pillar disappear.

- Strange window/doorframe shadows even on high quality lighting. The first picture is an outdoor one. There should not be a shadow.

Edited by Zork

Yeah, there are several odd things with spear combat. The pushing animation that knocks zombies over but kills them. The combat animation stutter where it feels like targeting is off. The spear knockdowns where zombies die with a second delay after they have hit the ground. As the 3D model stuff is still in beta these are to be expected, but should still be reported.

Hi, I have another bug to report. In custom sandbox settings I chose 'no infection' and eventually later in the game I got bit and still got infection symptoms and died within few hours.

14 minutes ago, Zork said:

Confirmed these bugs to still occur in 41.37.

I'm curious - do devs actually check this subforum?

Having been here many moons (I lost my login info for my previous account and email so I started wholly fresh) I can tell you that yes, they indeed do check these subforums.  

Has anyone noticed that the weapons stuck in zombies are incorrect now?

Zombies will appear to have hunting knives or machetes in them but they are actually scissors and butter knives etc.

Also I'm running a character that mains spear and it can be hard fighting even one on one due to the animation stutter.  It just needs a pass and some testing to get it nice.

It'd also be nice if your character only did the slice spear attack when backing up.  It doesn't make much sense to me for my character to stop and stab while trying to retreat.

Edited by loudboomaker

20 hours ago, Zork said:

Confirmed these bugs to still occur in 41.37.

I'm curious - do devs actually check this subforum?

Yes we do check the forum. And prevent "cluttery" messages like this one, I (or other team members) issue the "Pie" as a way of saying that issues have been noted.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to add some more bug reports and suggestions.

Suggestions:

1) Foraging Focus window (and fishing window)  would be great if they would retain/remember their moved position across play sessions (like the inventory window does) or if that is not possible, at least remember the position for the current play session (you will only need to move it once)

2) Foraging focus window (and fishing) would be great if it remembered the bag you select to store items (i.e. backpack) - instead of always auto-selecting "hands inventory"

3) Fishing splash sound seems to be way too loud (when playing with headphones, I have to turn the sound down when fishing - for that reason)

4) Gardening spray "water-filling animation" shows the object upside down.

Bugs:

5) When fishing, while having a secondary bag equipped, when you select to store the items on that 2nd handbag you get "Error 1" (probably because the fishing rod is two-handed)

6) When crafting food items, and add some components, then consume some of it and then add some more components, the values are added to the "pre-consumption" hunger values ( I think the same goes for the unhappiness value). Example: create a 40 hunger food item (i.e. fruit salad, etc) - consume half of it results in 20 hunger food item - adding 10 more food component results in 50 hunger crafted item  (instead of the "correct" 30 hunger value item)

7) The hiking bag is not shown on the character when held on the primary or secondary hand  (it works just fine as a bag though and shows just fine at the inventory window while held)

8 ) Moving items from the secondary bag to the backpack makes you unable to move until the transfer is complete.

The rest of my observed bugs have already been reported on other threads.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by gamatos