What are some things that obviously can't be added to the game but you think would be interesting to have in it?

TxY

What are some wild suggestions that you think would be fun and interesting to add to/change about PZ, but will most likely never be added or even possible to add? i.e.: Things that would be way too difficult to code in or things that would change the game play and the game's purpose too much; Really any cool feature that you know would never be implemented. This can include things the devs had already said no to but you still think would be interesting if they DID add it for some reason. Also add what you think would happen if your idea(s) were added?

Here are a few random ideas i thought of:

>Extremely large map, or even an infinite one: Of course its likely that the devs will expand the map a significant amount, but what I'm thinking of is a map so large that it includes the entire county it is based off of plus some of the surrounding areas or even more than that. I think it'd be awesome to explore a map with such a huge area. It would be interesting because it would be very difficult to memorize the whole thing. There would be negatives about it as well but overall I think it is an interesting part of the game even if it most likely will not happen (and is probably too much as well).

>Super detailed texturesPretty self-explanatory. It would be interesting and might make PZ more immersive but I don't think it'll happen. Plus, I like how the textures already are and they're unique and fine to me. Would  be a lot of work too.

>A modern look to the game and its items: (I may be incorrect) I'm pretty sure this game is set in a time before the 2000's or sometime even earlier, and I remember hearing somewhere that this time period is where the game will stay in. So I thought: What if it were set as basically today, as recent as possible? Adding some items like smartphones, making modern-looking and updated looks of objects, cars, etc, and maybe even renovating some of the houses and their textures so they feel more modern.  That could be fun. But again, I am pretty sure that would not be considered as something to do. (Doing the opposite and making it an even OLDER time period would be cool too!)

>SEMI cure of zombie infection: Not a full cure because that would make the game boring and almost impossible for experienced players to ever die. I'm thinking like a very rare medicine that will only delay the inevitable: You would have to keep taking it and finding more of it to stay alive: A single use item that each time you use it it will slow your infection and add an extra day or so of surviving. Also maybe requiring more of it to stay alive over time until you can't possibly have enough to live. This one is just another interesting ( and not really serious) idea I thought of, and will not happen since we already know that any cure is a firm no.

These aren't very good examples but they are interesting ideas that I expect will NOT be added! Maybe I'll hear a few good ones from this.

*This is actually my second post to the forums, hopefully this is a good and intriguing discussion topic! (and that I didn't make any mistakes)

Topography, having hills, mountains, holes... (basements can be a thing apparently but not "round" holes, hollows)

boats/swiming probably not since the Ohio is supposed to be a natural impassable barrier. (at least in the vanilla game)

rotating camera

full 3d environement

realistic physics, you know being able to interact with all objects funritures, by pushing them or throwing them, unlike what we have now tile by tile

NPCs.... I'M JOKING!! PLEASE DON'T BAN ME!!

First person.

3D, (Being able to turn the camera around so you can see the world form 4 sides instead of just one.)

Swimming.

Persistent/Evolving meta events. (Like Day one, you go bye a store and see it is locked. Day 7 You see the door broken and look inside and see everything is looted with dead bodies inside. Or you walk down a road and see nothing but week 3 you see a car crashed into a light pole with a dead body in the driver's seat and loot in the trunk.)

Models for animals.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived