Bug while plastering doorframes

fnemec

Hi, can someone help me to sort this out?

I'm trying to plaster a doorframe. Carpentry at level 7, bucket with plaster on main inventory, so as the paint brush. When I click on the doorframe, it doesn't give the option to plaster. Following print screen. 

Edit: version 41.33

Any help would be appreciate. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-27 at 22.56.20.jpeg

Edited by fnemec

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to bump this because the way this works right now is a little confusing.

You can build level 3 walls (that you can plaster) at carpentry level 7, but if you build a doorframe at carpentry level 7 you won't be able to plaster it, even though it's already a level 3 doorframe. You need to build a doorframe at carpentry level 8 to be able to plaster it.

You probably should be able to plaster doorframes at carpentry level 7 too, and nothing really indicates that the reason you can't is because you need an extra level.

Edited by crossed
typo

20 hours ago, crossed said:

I just wanted to bump this because the way this works right now is a little confusing.

You can build level 3 walls (that you can plaster) at carpentry level 7, but if you build a doorframe at carpentry level 7 you won't be able to plaster it, even though it's already a level 3 doorframe. You need to build a doorframe at carpentry level 8 to be able to plaster it.

You probably should be able to plaster doorframes at carpentry level 7 too, and nothing really indicates that the reason you can't is because you need an extra level.

Just double checked this - char needs a "full" level 7 of carpentry to build or upgrade a wall/doorframe that is plaster-able (which is brought up in the tooltip for "upgrade to lvl 3"). So this is not "just got a full lvl 6, now I'm level 7" but "just got full lvevel 7 and now I'm level 8". 

Yeah.. I think ^^'

I mean I'm at level 7 and I have the option to upgrade the doorframe to level 3 and then I can plaster it. BUT if I build another doorframe from scratch at level 7 it won't have the option to plaster it. I did some testing and made some screenshots, I used cheat mod but it works the same way in my main game with no mods. Hope this makes it more clear what I mean :)

pzplaster3.jpg

pzplaster1.jpg

pzplaster2.jpg