Axes and balance.

Mr.Me

I remember the last zomboid and an unbalanced knife. A lot of water has leaked, but there are still frankly unbalanced weapons.
I think from the name you understand what I will write about.
Why are axes unbalanced?
- many variations (fireman, pickaxe, one-handed, made for trees, crafted ax;
- high dps (in this balance it is high);
- the possibility of manufacturing;
- professions: lumberjack, fireman. (These professions are also unbalanced).

I suggest:
- Strengthen other weapons;
(more professions, perks)
frankly weak: crushing, spears.
- Increase the cost of professions: fireman, lumberjack.
(as a temporary measure).

Edited by Mr.Me

18 minutes ago, Mr.Me said:

leon2356, the spear's flaws are the lack of a multiplier, a long animation (which makes a deadly clash with more than one zombie deadly).
I also like spears, but they are weak now.

True, True. They do need some love. Long blade also needs some work.

10 hours ago, Mr.Me said:

professions: lumberjack, fireman. (These professions are also unbalanced).

Hmmm... maybe this is more of a case that certain other professions could be updated to stand out more, rather than that these professions are necessarily unbalanced? I've played games using these professions, and I would definitely agree that Lumberjack is a potent profession if you want to brawl with the zombies (arguably the best), especially because of the axe man trait.  But I think part of the problem is that there is no profession yet that offers any skill points (or special traits) for spear, long blade, or long blunt. I think a better long-term solution would be to wait for a profession overhaul where more weapon types have professions with bonuses, rather than just nerfing Lumberjack and Fireman in the present.

I say this because we still have a state of balance with professions where carpentry is the obvious superior choice to metalworking in terms of utility and variety of constructions, yet Metalworker costs more points to chose than Carpenter and gets no bonuses to a weapon type. At some point once combat has been pretty well ironed out in the animations build, hopefully a profession revamp with more weapon type bonuses will be somewhere down the pipeline.

Optimism, The proposal states that you need more perks, professions for the rest of the weapons. (With their appearance, everything will change)
Up to this point, you can already do something (increase the cost of these professions, for example), because after that, if you need an effective combat character, you will have to pay more. (I.e. this is a temporary measure).

Optimism, 

professions: lumberjack, fireman. (These professions are also unbalanced).

Increasing their value is the best temporary solution: firstly, it will increase the number of players playing with other types of weapons (i hope), it does not require much time, and updating professions is also easy to fix.
After some time, you can use the survey to identify the most the worst types of weapons and build on this.

22 hours ago, leon2356 said:

True, True. They do need some love. Long blade also needs some work.

I mean, there are only two long blade weapons I know of, Machete and the even less common Katana. I mean, The Machete tends to be my mvp as far as weapons go if I can ever get my hands on one, and I would imagine The Katana is just as good if not better.

I guess the problem there is that Long Blades need more chances to spawn, I mean, with abundant everything, it's not uncommon for me to be able to be drowning in Fire Axes and Wood Axes, but only be able to get 1 or 2 Machetes.

1 hour ago, ZAMNPlayerD said:

I mean, there are only two long blade weapons I know of, Machete and the even less common Katana.

One time i found 2 katanas in the same container inside the military base. And yes they are super good. High damage with fast swing speed.

1 hour ago, leon2356 said:

One time i found 2 katanas in the same container inside the military base. And yes they are super good. High damage with fast swing speed.

Lucky! I'm lucky to find 1 machete in a survivor house, and you're just getting 2 katanas? XD