Can you disable the new feature where corpses turn into skeletons?

Blyatman

Hi, I am playing on a pre 41.32 world and I was wondering if the new feature where bodies turn into skeletons and later dissapear will take effect upon updating my game? While I think the feature will be cool to have in the future, i'd rather not have the bodies in my world dissapear in 18 days.

If it does take effect, is there a way for me to disable it or tweak it so it takes much longer? I like to imagine that the virus slows down the breakdown of tissue and it would take longer for them to dissapear.

Yeah I am currently holding back on playing just for this reason. I honestly prefer to burn corpses myself instead of having them dissapear so fast. I asked this question in 3 different places but nobody seems to have an answer for me.

12 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

No but the next build will at least have the value rebalanced longer and we'll look into options

This is nice to hear. Will there be a way for players to edit the length of time it takes for bodies to decay and disappear on already existing saves once the options to play with these values in sandbox is added further down the line?

I've been playing on my survivor 41.31 save when this update came out and I had this feature turned off by default.

You can check and change this option in your current save by editing "map_sand.bin" file located at

C:\Users\"username"\Zomboid\Saves\"gamemode"\"date_savename"\

"map_sand.bin" file stores all world settings for particular save

Start a new sandbox game with desired options, close the game and copy paste "map_sand.bin" from there into your save folder

Sandbox option you are looking for is called "TIME BEFORE CORPSE REMOVAL" in "Meta" tab

216 (hours) is default for Survivor, -1 to disable.

You can also copy paste just this parameter by opening "map_sand.bin" with Notepad++ like I did.

It is called "HoursForCorpseRemoval" there.

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE CHANGING ANYHING!

21 hours ago, Pe6yc said:

I've been playing on my survivor 41.31 save when this update came out and I had this feature turned off by default.

You can check and change this option in your current save by editing "map_sand.bin" file located at

C:\Users\"username"\Zomboid\Saves\"gamemode"\"date_savename"\

"map_sand.bin" file stores all world settings for particular save

Start a new sandbox game with desired options, close the game and copy paste "map_sand.bin" from there into your save folder

Sandbox option you are looking for is called "TIME BEFORE CORPSE REMOVAL" in "Meta" tab

216 (hours) is default for Survivor, -1 to disable.

You can also copy paste just this parameter by opening "map_sand.bin" with Notepad++ like I did.

It is called "HoursForCorpseRemoval" there.

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE CHANGING ANYHING!

Thanks for the information I will try this out myself!

Archived