When moving backwards and attacking enemy, character freezes

ProjectZomboidAddict

1 hour ago, ProjectZomboidAddict said:

ok so I was experiencing this at a very minor scale. I was as some others were posting, "moonwalking". But this just started happening and it is really ruining the game for me. It makes combat unbearable and annoying. pls help me fix this problem!😫😥😭

Looks like you're already in sandbox or one of the non-apocalypse modes  due to being able to hit multiple zombies, why not just turn it off? It's called Melee Movement Disruption under Character.

Though it makes the game very easy without it.

8 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Looks like you're already in sandbox or one of the non-apocalypse modes  due to being able to hit multiple zombies, why not just turn it off? It's called Melee Movement Disruption under Character.

Though it makes the game very easy without it.

so that stuff i've posted about is a feature? sweet...
is there any other way to make it less bug-ish looking? like rapid slowing down with appropriate response animation from the legs, instead of full instant stop with cosplay of michael jackson?

3 hours ago, MGWhiskers said:

so that stuff i've posted about is a feature? sweet...
is there any other way to make it less bug-ish looking? like rapid slowing down with appropriate response animation from the legs, instead of full instant stop with cosplay of michael jackson?

Next build should move the pause for specific animations, so it’ll happen more like you’d expect (when the char puts his weight into his foot, generally), unlike at the end of the anim for all weapons.

Not 100% sure that’ll resolve the weird double step we have happening occasionally, but we’re aware of it. It’s a bug as well.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if it's intended or not, but in IWBUMS 41.39 it still happens that some hit animation will make you unable to move until it's finished (just like in MGWhiskers's video at 14 and 25 seconds ). Fighting can become rather unreliable, when you want to keep moving backward after hitting one of the several zombies in front of you to avoid getting hit. Maybe it could be possible to disable these kind of animation (as well a critical/one-shot strike from knives, spears, etc) if you are currently moving when attacking ?

33 minutes ago, Zaidah said:

I don't know if it's intended or not, but in IWBUMS 41.39 it still happens that some hit animation will make you unable to move until it's finished (just like in MGWhiskers's video at 14 and 25 seconds ). Fighting can become rather unreliable, when you want to keep moving backward after hitting one of the several zombies in front of you to avoid getting hit. Maybe it could be possible to disable these kind of animation (as well a critical/one-shot strike from knives, spears, etc) if you are currently moving when attacking ?

What weapons?

I mostly used 1 handed blunt weapon (hammer, stove), and also spears, though I'm almost sure it can happen with every weapon type (like 2 handed blunt weapons). When it happens it seems to be when you hit either kills or knocks down the zombie, but it's not always the case.

After some test, it seems to work fine with 2 handed weapons (tested the baseball bat), but 1 handed blunt weapons (maybe axe, I might have to check as well) definitely have something wrong (also tested the bat 1 handed : same problem occures). It happens (at least and for sure) with the club hammer, frying pan (called it "stove" in my previous answer), griddle pan, hammer, saucepan, baseball bat (when using it with 1 hand).

The spear issue is a bit different (using it with both hands), because it sometimes makes a one-shot hit/animation (that's a bit longer than the usual stab-hit animation) that also prevents you from moving until it ends, making this weapon a very risky one when you have 2 zombies or more close to eachother.

Here is a video showing the "1 handed" baseball bat. It works the same way with the other 1 handed blunt weapons.