Favorite negative and positive traits.

leon2356

Just wondering what is everyone's favorite traits, negative and positive. I always take High Thirst and Smoker as my negative traits no matter my build. and for positive I try to take Cat eye, Dextrous and Speed demon. With Inconspicuous for the -50% chance to be spotted, or Strong for the 40% more melee damage, depending on my build.

What is everyone else's must take traits, curious to know if it changes how I play.

Usually, I consider Slow Reader to be the best negative trait to take; It just makes books take a little longer to read. That's basically a non-issue especially if you pick up Fast Learner.

I recommend Lucky, no matter your build because Lucky boosts your chances of getting useful supplies in containers and off of zombies. Being able to get more supplies on world gen is always a good thing.

Oh ya Lucky is super good, I take it if I get the chance, on the wiki it says lucky gives you a 10% chance to get a "rare" item when looting any container. Don't know what counts as a "Rare" item tho. But I think i'll give slow reader a try next time.

Very Underweight - Fixable in couple days by eating, counterweighted with Athletic for total of +2 Fitness for only -4 pts (instead of picking Fit for -6 pts)

Thin-skinned - Don't let them touch you

High Thirst - Water is abundant

Slow Healer - Scratch? not a problem. Bitten? You are dead anyway.

Claustrophobic - No panic in big rooms (like main rooms of every building) and player-built ones. Not much to fight in small rooms anyway. Has a positive effect: enter any small room for a second to get rid of boredom. (Disappears over time ???)

Hearty Appetite - Food is abundant

Prone to Illness - counterweighted with Outdoorsman (+2 pts total)

Smoker - Cig's are everywhere

Weak Stomach - Don't eat rotten food

Slow Reader - Not a big difference when you read normal books or newspapers or skill magazines

Cat's Eyes - Play at nights

Dextrous - Loot faster (there is a lot of looting in PZ)

Graceful + Inconspicious - Be a ninja

Eagle eyed - 180' vision arc, zombies appear faster

Fast Learner - XP is never enough

Keen Hearing - Extra eyes on your back

Orgaized - More loot to carry and storage (39 capacity for best backpack + 315 capacity for ambulance instead of only 243)

On 3/20/2020 at 4:01 PM, leon2356 said:

Oh ya Lucky is super good, I take it if I get the chance, on the wiki it says lucky gives you a 10% chance to get a "rare" item when looting any container. Don't know what counts as a "Rare" item tho. But I think i'll give slow reader a try next time.

I'm pretty sure "Rare" items are things like Fire and Wood Axes and Machetes. Basically top tier weapons.

2 hours ago, ZAMNPlayerD said:

I'm pretty sure "Rare" items are things like Fire and Wood Axes and Machetes. Basically top tier weapons.

I think I'll make a thread in suggestions asking for the devs to make traits less ambiguous. Like, I did not know until i looked at the wiki that sunday driver not only makes you drive slower It also caps all cars at 30 KM/H.

8 hours ago, leon2356 said:

I think I'll make a thread in suggestions asking for the devs to make traits less ambiguous. Like, I did not know until i looked at the wiki that sunday driver not only makes you drive slower It also caps all cars at 30 KM/H.

It also increases fuel consumption by +100%.

19 hours ago, leon2356 said:

Oh yeah, it would be nice to see traits and skills having less ambiguous meanings. Like, I've played for +200 hours and still have no idea what some things even mean. XD

Archived